Chapter 5

When the man finally entered the Wall, Armin was finally able to study the features of the stranger, and he was immediately met with confusion.

That man looked like a soldier, actually; he looked like a commander.

He was wearing what looked like a military uniform, but it was foreign to him and his fellow comrades who surrounded the man, but what caught everyone's attention was the rifle that the man held.

It was a rifle, but what kind of rifle was it? It mirrored the design of the Military Police's muskets but it still looked different. The man's rifle sported a bolt for some reason, and the barrel of his rifle looked pointier than their muskets.

Regardless, it was still a rifle, and some soldiers immediately panicked when they saw that the man was armed.

"Please! Calm down! I do not mean any harm!". The man tried to reason with a soldier, who had the edge of his sword placed on the stranger's neck. "I came here for something very important! It's a message that I would have to deliver!".

"A message?! What kind of message?!". The soldier exclaimed. "From where the hell did you come from?! How were you outside the walls?! Answer me before I cut your throat!".

"Nick, calm the hell down". Another soldier, whose name was Finn, came as he placed a firm grip over his shoulder. "There's twenty of us and only one of him, he can't touch us if he even tried to do anything".

Nick looked back at his friend and then he sighed, before he retreated from the man, however; he gave him a threatening glare to ensure that the stranger wouldn't try to do anything.

Finn sighed and he approached the stranger, he eyed him suspiciously for a moment and then he cleared his throat to speak.

"What were you doing outside the walls?". Finn asked him.

The man opened his mouth to speak. "I come from a nation that is beyond this Island". He said. "I carry with me an important message that I have to deliver to a certain someone".

Stunned silence followed after the man's answer, the stranger said that he came from a nation that was outside the walls.

No one believed the poor man, they knew for certain that humanity was almost driven to extinction because of the titans, and all what was left of humanity now resides within the walls! Then why was this man claiming that he came from a foreign nation?

Was he lying?

"You came from a foreign nation?! You're lying!". Nick exclaimed. "Humanity has been driven to near annihilation because of the titans! And the surviving remnants of humanity resided within the walls for over a hundred years!".

"What?". The man gave Nick a puzzled look. "Humanity? Being driven to near extinction? This isn't true! I promise you that I'm not lying and I truly did come from a foreign nation!". The man exclaimed. "There are other foreign nations out there that are thriving and advancing! Who told you this lie?!".

"Silence!". Nick advanced threateningly to the man as he brought out his sword once again. "You blaspheme the king one more time and I'll have your head served on a silver platter!".

"Nick! Cease at once!". Finn exclaimed. "And you! What do you have for us to prove that you truly did come from another nation? If other foreign nations did truly exist, then surely they would've sent merchants to trade with us".

The man became silent for a moment, then his eyes widened in realization and he pulled out an envelope from his pockets.

He raised his hands in the air and all eyes fell on the envelope that the stranger carried. "It might not be staggering, but this is proof that I truly did come from outside the walls!". The man exclaimed. "What I hold in my hand is a message from a father to his daughter! This is not my handwriting and neither is it of my own doing!". He exclaimed.