Chapter 7

There was a sweet dream that Connie was having, a dream about going back to his family to see them again. The Titan war ended and he dreamt of seeing his little sibling's happy faces once again, he dreamt of how his father will be so proud of him and how his mother would embrace him and mutter about how much she missed him.

He dreamt of starting a family of his own, owning a farm that he and his beloved wife can take care of. He dreamt of the beautiful flowers and the beautiful scenery of the sun.

So beautiful, so peaceful......It was like paradise.

Suddenly, his entire dream was brought to an abrupt end when Armin woke him up.

"Come on Armin, why'd you have to wake me up? Of all times?". Connie grumbled as he wiped his eyes. "I was having a good dream you know....".

"I'm sorry about that Connie, but this is something important". Armin said. "You're not the only one who's awake".

The rest of the 104th (Excluding Reiner and Bertholdt) were also awake as well.

"What's this about Armin?". Jean yawned. "I mean, it's gotta be something big if you woke us all up at this time".

"It's Annie". Armin said.

Silence followed after the name of the suspected traitor was muttered, Jean's face darkened at the mention of the Leonhart girl as he looked at Armin.

When they started suspecting Annie of being the Versatile Titan, it didn't take him long enough to figure out that she must've been the reason Marco, his closest friend, died by getting half his body eaten. He figured it out when Armin mentioned that Annie had Marco's gear during their gear inspection.

Marco's gear, of all gears; she had Marco's gear. What the hell happened to her gear then? Why did she have his gear specifically?

"What about her?". Eren asked, just as interested (if not, worried) about the sudden interest in Annie during a time like this.

"No time to explain, the Commander will explain everything once we get to his office". Armin explained. "Just prepare yourselves, I'll be waiting for you outside the barracks".

(.......)

"So hold on, lemme get this straight". Connie said. "You're telling me that THIS guy over there came from outside the walls?!". Connie exclaimed in shock and disbelief.

"That's right". Erwin said. "To support his case, he gave me his identification papers and what looks like a slip that allowed him to pass". Erwin said. "This identification paper of his is different, it clearly names an entirely different nation and it gives us all the information that we need to believe that he is indeed a foreigner". Erwin said.

"That doesn't make any sense!". Jean exclaimed. "We know for sure that Humanity became close to extinction when we faced the Titans! All what remains of Humanity now resides within the walls!". Jean said.

"That is what the government says". Erwin said. "Now tell me, and I believe that we'll all agree with each other on this point specifically, would you believe the same government that is notorious for corruption and spreading lies?". Erwin asked.

No one really answered the Commander's question.

"Yeah.....You have a point". Jean said. "But still, it doesn't really make any sense! If there were foreign nations then wouldn't they have considered any kind of communication with us?". Jean asked.

"That is because they hate you". Luis answered.

Stunned silence followed after what Luis said, then all eyes fell upon him.