3. CELEBRITY SKIN ☑️

CHAPTER THREE |
celebrity skin

***

KAYLA WAS STANDING in front of the assignment board, looking at the specific list asking for people to apply for senior class president. She saw Brittany and Blaine's names both on there and she inwardly groaned. She knew it probably wasn't the best idea in the world to apply for the position, being that Blaine and Brittany were both her friends and they all felt a little sad right now. Kurt and Blaine were struggling now that the former had gone to New York and Brittany was missing Santana severely, but Kayla was in the same boat too. She missed Ollie. She needed something to do to distract her.

"What are you doing?" Brittany's voice came up behind her in a sing-songy tone just as she signed her name.

She turned around with a nervous chuckle as she put her pen back in her purse. "Um, what does it look like? I'm signing up for class president."

"But I'm already on there. We don't need another girl vote." Brittany countered, making Kayla frown.

"You know more than one girl can run, right? Besides I thought it would be fun to get more involved."

Brittany chuckled. "What else do you need, silly? You're already in glee club and co-captains with me now that I'm back on the Cheerios. We can't be co-class presidents too."

"I wasn't planning on being co-presidents. I was kinda planning on winning the thing, Britt." Kayla answered, looking to the side with an uncomfortable gaze. She knew what the blonde was doing. Brittany wasn't dumb. She knew exactly how to guilt trip someone into getting what she wanted.

Kayla began picking up her feet to make her way to her History class and Brittany quickly followed behind her, linking arms with her as she explained, "Well, then may the best scissor win."

Brittany removed her grasp on Kayla's arm as she began sauntering away. "Good luck finding a VP!"

There was something about the competitiveness of it all that made Kayla excited for her campaign. She hadn't really been challenged like this since her freshman year and she wanted some of that in her life again. If she needed a VP, she knew just the girl.

Tina Cohen-Chang.

Ten minutes later she was walking into her History class and plopping into the chair right next to Tina. She and Tina had become considerably close in the months since her friend dived into the fountain last year. Of course, her breakup with Mike also contributed to that. Kayla could see that Tina was lonely. Ever since Mike left for Joffrey, Tina had changed a little bit and not necessarily in a great way. She had a freshman assistant named Dottie who was really the sweetest girl in the world and Tina treated her like trash. Kayla had talked to the older girl many a-time about it and tried to make her chill out a little bit, but it was a work in progress. Tina was struggling and Kayla was hoping beyond all hope that maybe becoming her vice president would bring her old friend back.

"Hey, wifey." Tina addressed her as she sat down next to her with a smile. "What's up?"

Kayla gave a grin that immediately made Tina raise an eyebrow in amusement. "So I have a proposition for you."

"Unless it involves food, I'm really not interested." Tina piped up, making Kayla chuckle.

"If you say yes, I'll totally take you out." Kayla reasoned which seemed to pique the brunette's interest and she nodded for her friend to continue.

"I'm running for class president and I need a vice. Who better than Queen T?" Kayla buttered up her response. She knew the best way to get Tina on her side was to play into her narcissism.