4. SINGLE LADIES ☑️

CHAPTER FOUR |
single ladies

***

KAYLA WALKS INTO the bathroom to touch up her lipstick when she hears sobbing coming from the handicap stall. Part of her knows that it isn't her business whatsoever why some poor girl is crying on the commode, but being the sympathetic person she is, she knocks on the door. Immediately the crying stops and she can hear sniffling as the girl behind the door tries to keep her composure.

"Are you okay?" Kayla asks softly.

The door quickly opens to reveal the tear streak ridden and puffy eyed Quinn Fabray. Kayla is kind of surprised, if she's being honest. She never pegged her for a crying in the bathroom kind of girl. That was definitely more up Rachel's alley.

Quinn quickly wipes her eyes as she sees Kayla. It's like she's scared that she'll find out something. Kayla has no idea what she's doing here crying, but she also knows that it isn't her business to pry into.

Quinn smiles sadly and gestures toward the empty bathroom. "It's all yours."

Kayla frowns. She isn't used to someone closing her off. It's almost in Kayla's nature to dig into things. Everyone vents to her and she always has a fresh set of advice for any situation. Any situation except for the pregnancy test that falls out of Quinn's pocket as she steps towards the sink.

Fear quickly spreads across Quinn's face, but Kayla keeps calm and gives her a reassuring smile. For a moment, it's dead silent as Kayla hands her the stick. That is until Quinn finally breaks.

"You—you can't tell Finn." she cries, choking up at the situation. Quinn is just sixteen. Of course she isn't ready for a baby. Of course she isn't ready to ruin her and Finn's life. Of course Kayla isn't going to say a word. It isn't her story to tell.

"I told you when we met that you could trust me. So, trust me now. Your secret's safe with me." Kayla smiles, pulling Quinn into a hug she doesn't seem to want, but the blonde quickly melts into the hug and breaks down on Kayla's shoulder.

"Thank you." she whispers.

Kayla nods, pulling back a little. "If you ever need someone, I'm here."

Quinn nods in understanding before the third period class bell rings and she darts out the door again. Kayla stands there for a moment. Quinn Fabray is pregnant and she's the only person in the world who knows.

←⧪→

Kayla is throwing her Biology textbook into her locker when Noah Puckerman comes up to her. She sighs, closing her locker and leaning on it as she looks at him.

"What do you want, Noah?" Kayla sighs, completely disinterested in anything he's about to try to sell her. He's already on thin ice from his antics in Celibacy Club a few weeks ago.

"I heard you like hockey, so I figured I'd introduce you to the puck-a-saurus." Noah teases, gesturing towards his crotch.

Kayla rolls her eyes and begins walking her way to glee club, ignoring his protests that one of these days she'll be his. As if she would ever give that kid the time of day.

She walks into the choir room just as Mr. Schuester is handing out new sheet music. She grins as he hands her Tonight from West Side Story in the alto key. She's an alto which means that finally a solo might be coming her way instead of going straight to Berry. As much as she and Rachel seem to finally be on good terms and on their way to a decent friendship, no one can deny that the rivalry between the two is still there, somewhat.

"Um, Mr. Schue? This is in the wrong key." Rachel announces, raising her hand.

Kayla rolls her eyes and is just about to open her mouth until Mr. Schue interrupts her.