2. PUSH IT ☑️

CHAPTER TWO |
push it

***

SINCE MR. SCHUESTER was reinstated as director, the club had been feeling how out of touch he was with what was current. They were currently performing a disco number called "Le Freak" and it was absolute trash. Kayla had come to know that Mr. Schue was an oldie at heart and each song in his repertoire came from the 90s or earlier and most of them were either classic Broadway numbers or disco and the club hated disco.

They finish the number when Rachel kicks her leg out, nearly getting Mercedes in the face, cheeks red from the embarrassment as well as all the dancing. Watching Finn dance to this song is rather amusing. It becomes much less amusing when Mr. Schue states that they'll be performing this number at the assembly on Friday. They're beyond enraged.

"Schue, this song is literally the gayest song I've ever heard." Kayla snorts, high-fiving Kurt who also agrees with the statement.

This is being said by two of the gayest members in glee club, so that means that this song is literal donkey shit and they are tired of stepping in it.

Mr. Schue sighs, "We're doing disco and that's that."

Their instructor dismisses them and they all go on their way. It's time for Algebra, but thank God she has Tina in that class. The two walk to class together, laughing at a comment Artie yells before rolling off to his own lesson.

Tina and Kayla really felt like they were lifelong friends already. She had the luck of being best friends with a good percentage of the club and Rachel was really the only one she had a touch and go relationship with.

Just as she is about to enter her math class with Tina on her arm, she feels a tap on her shoulder and looks back to see the hobbit.

"What do you want?" Kayla blurts out to Rachel.

Rachel sighs, "I need a favor."

"I don't owe you anything. You owe me for how many pep talks I've given you the past couple days." Kayla retorts, pulling her arms across her chest.

"Look, I know we're not exactly friends, but you're the only person I knew to ask."

Kayla takes a deep breath before she nods and lets Rachel continue with her thought.

"I want to get Finn and to do that, I need to join the Celibacy club. I need you to join with me."

Kayla laughs, "Why do you need me to join Virgins 101 with you? Do it yourself."

"Please, Kayla. I just really want Finn to like me."

And maybe there was something about Rachel's incessant begging or her puppy dog eyes, but Kayla found herself easily agreeing to Rachel's request and signing up for the celibacy club alongside her.

It wasn't like Kayla wasn't aware of what happened at the celibacy club meetings. Her brother was in the club in an attempt to ask Santana Lopez out on a date. Kayla found it rather funny. It didn't take much to take out Santana from what Kayla had heard. She also understood that the president of the club was Quinn Fabray who happened to be Finn's girlfriend and if Rachel had to compete with her for Finn's affections, she'd never have him.

As Kayla and Rachel settled into their seats during the celibacy club meeting, Quinn let them in on all the rules—one of them being that they wouldn't see the boys for another half hour. Kayla really didn't mind. As much as she wasn't exactly a fan of Rachel's company most of the time, she'd started to get used to her. Either that or she'd gotten less annoying and she wasn't quite sure that was possible.