17. WHO SAYS ☑️

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN |
who says

***

"YOU TOTALLY BROKE her nose, you doofus!" Kayla yelled at Finn, slapping his arm while Rachel was getting changed. During bootycamp, Finn's dancing punched Rachel in the nose and she'd traveled with them to the doctor to see what damage he had caused.

"Ow!" he yelped, rubbing his arm. "I—I didn't mean to. I thought I was getting better actually."

Kayla facepalmed, letting her face sit in her hands while they waited for Rachel to come back. The doctor had mentioned that the clean break left room for her to get a nose job if she wanted one and the suggestion alone made her want to file a lawsuit. Rachel was beautiful. She didn't need a nose job to be that. She could do it all on her own.

When Rachel came back, they quickly checked her out and headed to Finn's car. Kayla sat in the back and kept to herself. She wanted Rachel to see how beautiful she was. No matter what it took.

←⧪→

After Rachel announced to the glee club that she was planning on getting a nose job, Mr. Schuester made it his mission to show her that she was beautiful with the nose she already had. Obviously he didn't care when Tina was crying her eyes out, but when his favorite student was insecure, that mattered to him. She wasn't going to call him a hypocrite for fear of suspension, but he totally was. Still, this was the one lesson she could get behind. She wanted Rachel to see her beauty. Kayla had told her time and time again how much she made her heart skip, so she couldn't understand why Rachel didn't see herself that way.

Rachel hadn't spoken to her since the appointment, probably because she knew how much Kayla didn't approve of the surgery. Yesterday Rachel went to the doctor to get some proofs done and see what she'd look like with her nose altered. She planned on showing everyone today.

"Mr. Schue, can I make an announcement?" Rachel raised her hand and he nodded. She stood up with a folder in her hand and started passing out the photos.

"So I got some pictures done to see how my nose would look slightly altered. I think you'll agree they're less hebraic and more Fabrayic." A chuckle left her lips at her joke, but as the picture came to Kayla, she couldn't help but say something.

Finn beat her to the punch. "You're beautiful, Rachel. You don't need to do this."

She looked back at Finn, who had his arm around Quinn and noticed how uncomfortable she looked. No one wanted to sit there and watch their boyfriend call their ex-girlfriend beautiful. Kayla was sure it was very awkward for her, but she didn't have any sympathy for Quinn. She cheated on Sam. This was her karma. Still, her heart shattered just a bit when she looked back at Rachel and saw that glistening look in her eye. It was a gaze that had once been reserved for her and was now fixated on Finn again. Kayla knew it was in her best interest to stay away from Rachel and stop being her friend, but she was too nice and that affinity for kindness gave her a new mission—she was going to help Rachel get Finn back.

"Finn's right. I've told you a million times before that you are amazing just the way you are. You're beautiful and giving yourself Quinn's nose wouldn't just be a bad idea, it'd be a mistake. It would only hurt you more, Rach." Kayla said, pleading with the diva.

Rachel huffed. "Your words are sweet, but I'm doing the surgery with or without your support."

She sat down next to Kayla just as she had before. Only this time Kayla was walking up to the front to do her song. Mr. Schuester made them pick songs about insecurities and image and she found the perfect one. She called up Tina and Brittany to be her backup and started the song with a nod to the band.