8. BUST A MOVE ☑️

CHAPTER EIGHT |
bust a move

***

THE DAY AFTER Sue and Mr. Schue's epic fight, Jacob Ben Israel let it slip that Quinn was pregnant. The whole world knew now and there was nothing anyone could do to keep it closed off to their little group. Kayla learned that Rachel gave her underwear to JBI to keep him from leaking the news, but Sue made him unveal it. Quinn had been crying for days about it. Kayla would be too if she was in that position.

Kayla and Kurt are walking down the hall, picking on each other about their outfits. Kayla thinks his outfit is absolutely ridiculous and he thinks her flannel and boots combo is "tasteless" and "boring." Mid-sentence Kayla feels a chill come over her and she realizes she's been slushied when her eyes start stinging.

This is the first time she's ever been slushied. She knew it was only a matter of time, especially considering the growing hatred for the glee club. She thought she hadn't been noticed until this very moment. Kurt drags her to the girls' bathroom and they get ready to start cleaning each other up before they see Finn and Quinn in there doing the exact same thing.

"They got you too, huh?" Kayla notices the red dye staining Quinn's hair whereas Kurt and Kayla were slushied with the grape.

Finn was mad, she could tell. The red slushie not covering his face was red anyway from his anger. He smacks his hand on the sink and yells, "This is bogus! We're supposed to be popular."

Kayla rolls her eyes. "You're still in glee club, Finn. It was going to happen sooner or later."

Finn's fist bawls up at her words. He seems like he eternally wants to hit her, but she doesn't care. She's come to the realization that as long as Finn treats Rachel like the other woman, she's not going to be his biggest fan. It's common knowledge to most of the group that they don't like each other anyway. Rachel can definitely tell, but Kayla tries not to let her know that it's because of her.

Quinn grabs Finn's hand and pulls him out of the restroom without another word. Kayla and Kurt quickly begin cleaning up before they have to get to rehearsals. Now that the most popular kids in the club had been slushied, no one is safe.

←⧪→

Rachel comes up to Kayla at her locker after rehearsals and tells her about the current situation.

"Did you hear about Coach Tanaka's ultimatum?" Rachel asks and Kayla quirks an eyebrow. She has no idea what's been going on at all.

"No. What's going on?" Kayla questions.

Rachel sighs, "He's making the football guys choose between football and glee club tomorrow at four."

Hearing those words, Kayla excuses herself and goes to find her brother. She's not letting him quit glee for football. She quickly finds him at his locker, locking lips with Santana which kind of surprises her because she thought Puck and Santana were kind of a thing. Then again, Puck and Santana don't seem like monogamous people.

"Aaron Oliver Garrett!" Kayla shouts, making Aaron break apart from Santana and tell her to leave.

Aaron walks over to his sister and in an embarrassed tone, whispers harshly, "What, dude? You're kinda embarrassing me here!"

"You're not choosing football." Kayla states matter-of-factly.

Aaron sighs, "You heard."

Kayla mocks him. "Duh, I heard."

"Look, I like glee, but I need football."

Kayla scrunches her eyebrows in confusion. "You hate football."