16. MY LOVE IS YOUR LOVE ☑️

CHAPTER SIXTEEN |
my love is your love

***

"HAVE I MENTIONED that you look stunning underneath me?" Ollie mused as she laid on top of Kayla. The younger girl nearly blushed as she pushed her girlfriend off of her. She heard Ollie's grunt of surprise as she rolled to the other side of the bed, grabbing Kayla's hand while she played with the strands of her hair.

"You're so cheesy. Remind me why we're dating again?" Kayla couldn't help grinning as she looked into Ollie's brown eyes. They were these bright pools of honey that she always managed to fall deep into. She couldn't imagine falling for anyone more than she had for Ollie.

Ollie laughed, turning on her side as Kayla moved with her. The blonde brushed her fingers through Kayla's hair and the younger girl hummed at the feeling. "Have you figured out what you're gonna sing for Whitney week?"

Kayla shrugged. "I think I'm gonna let everyone else go for it. I may be able to sing, but I wouldn't dare touch Whitney."

"I think you're the most talented girl in that choir room." Ollie mused. Kayla giggled, looking down for just a moment.

She wasn't quite sure how her girlfriend always managed to turn her into a giggly blushing mess, but she loved feeling this way. She loved feeling like she was on air and nothing could touch her but Ollie. It felt like she had finally found her happiness and that was something she'd been looking for for a long time. She remembered who she was over a year ago. She remembered constantly crying over Rachel and fighting with Finn almost every week. That wasn't who she was. She was happy again and she didn't think this feeling could ever stop.

"You have to say that. It's our anniversary." Kayla rolled her eyes.

Ollie chuckled. "Oh, I don't have to, but let's not forget that I fell in love with your voice first."

"You're being cheesy again." Kayla noted and the blonde just shrugged. "It is what it is."

Kayla grinned, leaning to meet her lips in the middle. She could feel Ollie's smile stretch through their embrace, linking an arm around her girlfriend's waist as she held her tightly and decided that she was never going to let her go. Nationals were in two weeks and graduation was right around the corner. She wasn't sure what that would mean for her relationship with Ollie. Her girlfriend was graduating and she wasn't. It could change everything. She just sincerely hoped that it wouldn't.

Kayla broke apart from the kiss, grabbing Ollie's hand and rubbing her thumb across it every few seconds. "Have you thought about college any more?"

Ollie seemed to tense in her grasp and Kayla noticed the way her eyes would move to the side every once in a while. "Yeah, um... I still haven't decided. Let's, um, let's just go to sleep." Kayla furrowed an eyebrow, but still nodded and got comfortable in her girlfriend's arms. Something was going on with Ollie and she didn't know quite know what it was yet, but she didn't want to push it. She'd tell her when she was ready.

Kayla kissed the older girl's forehead. "Happy Anniversary, baby."

←⧪→

Kayla and Ollie were sitting in the back. Her head was resting on the blonde's shoulder as they watched Quinn and Joe perform a rendition of Saving All My Love For You and Kayla couldn't smiling as she watched them. It was the first time since Quinn's accident that she'd really seen a genuine smile on her face. It had been over a month now and everyone knew that Quinn wasn't exactly getting the results she wanted in therapy, but watching her now serenading Joe, of all people, made her smile. Though they seemed a bit like a mismatched pair (and let's face it, half the couples in this choir room were mismatched), they seemed to really click. She knew Joe was going with her to her therapy appointments and she could really see something happening between them. She'd have to talk to Joe. They'd become exponentially closer since he joined glee club.