6. START ME UP ☑️

CHAPTER SIX |
start me up

***

WAS IT A surprise when Mr. Schue had to shut down Rocky Horror? No, but the experience had at least bonded Kayla and Sam. She felt like their friendship was definitely at the same level as her and Puck's, but at the same time, they were completely different. Just because Sam was her best friend now didn't mean that she had forgotten about Puck. She was just waiting impatiently for him to get out of juvie. It had been a long hard few months without him.

She was standing in the corner with Mike and Brittany, working on some choreography that they'd been thinking about showing Mr. Schuester for Sectionals. They really needed to bring it this year if they wanted to beat the Warblers. She'd heard a bit about them. They were an all boys (usually acapella) group, but they were super talented, so Kayla wasn't taking any chances of letting them one up the New Directions.

"The Puckasaurus is back!" she heard that arrogant voice that she missed so much and she turned around to see Puck.

In her excitement, she immediately ran towards him and jumped, wrapping her legs around his waist. He stumbled a bit at the action, but smiled, hugging Kayla tightly.

He chuckled, "I missed you too, Garrett."

"Looks like Kayla has her boyfriend back." Santana rolled her eyes. Kayla didn't care that she was making fun of her relationship with Puck again. She just missed him so much.

Everyone seemed really excited to have Puck back. Even Quinn. Everyone was congratulating him and pulling him into hugs, but Kayla wouldn't let him go. Eventually she got off him and just held his hand, watching as everyone greeted him. When finally everyone had seen him, she pulled him over to meet Sam.

"Noah, I want you to meet Sam. Sam, this is my best friend, Puck." she smiled, letting go of Puck's hand and watching her friends interact.

"Don't tell me you got yourself a new boyfriend while I was gone." Puck joked. Sam looked confused as he shook the other boy's hand.

She noted, "He's not my boyfriend and neither are you, but nice try."

Puck shrugged, "I missed my fake girlfriend."

Sam said, "I've only heard great things about you, man. She's really missed you. Glad to have you back."

"Thanks." he smiled, sitting down in Kayla's chair and pulling her into his lap.

She didn't notice the way Sam looked at them. He whispered to her, "Hey, I'm gonna sit by Quinn today. I'll see you later, Magenta."

Ever since last week, they had taken to calling each other by the character names and the fun had yet to wear off.

"Bye Rocky." she joked, waving at him as he found a spot next to Quinn.

She looked behind her at Puck and noticed the way his eyes seemed to shift over to Quinn and Sam's interlocked fingers. His usually crystal clear hazel eyes were a stormy brown right now and she sighed, putting a hand on his cheek.

"She's moved on, babe. You need to do the same." she noted, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

He grumbled, holding tighter to Kayla's waist. "She replaced me with a blonde Justin Bieber."

"Sam's really nice. He's gonna treat her right and when it blows up, then you can swoop in and get her back, okay?" she whispered, not wanting to draw much attention to them as they discussed his unending love for Quinn.

He nodded sadly, a small smile on his face when Mr. Schue bounced into the room and told them to separate.

"We're all excited to have Puck back, Kayla, but you need to sit in a real seat." Mr. Schue ordered.