14. HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF ☑️

CHAPTER FOURTEEN |
hungry like the wolf

***

KAYLA WAS WALKING down the hallway towards Kurt and Blaine. The latter of the two boys wanted her to meet his brother and she slowly agreed. She still wasn't quite back to her best state. She'd been visiting Dave almost everyday after school and she started seeing her therapist again, but if Blaine really wanted her to meet his brother, she could deal with that. She was trying to get back to her best self again.

She sighed, seeing them on the other side of the hallway next to Kurt's locker as a figure moved beside her and said, "Hello, gorgeous."

She scoffed, turning to be met with an older man's face. He wasn't old, per se. Maybe a few years older than Aaron was, but definitely too old to still be in high school. He was honestly old enough to be a teacher and that creeped her out plenty. He was relatively attractive, but not really her type. She was sure she'd seen him somewhere before, but she couldn't quite place it.

"Can I help you?" she grimaced, putting as much distance between the two as she possibly could. Her sentence seemed to baffle him as he chuckled awkwardly with a furrowed brow.

"You—you don't know who I am?"

She shrugged, trying to study his face a bit harder to find any definite characteristics and then it hit her and she snapped her fingers. "Oh! You're Blaine's brother, aren't you?"

Before he could muster up any courage to tell her that he was so much more than just Blaine's older brother, said man and Kurt trudged their way towards Kayla and she watched as Blaine pulled his brother into a hug, introducing him to everyone as Cooper. She frowned, watching the way Kurt started basically hyperventilating at Cooper's presence, mumbling something in the realm of having his jingle as his ringtone and now Kayla was just confused.

"What are you talking about?" Kayla mumbled, leaning over to Kurt to ask.

Kurt stood mouth agape and laughed breathlessly. "You haven't seen the freecreditratingtoday.com commercials?"

She looked to the side in indifference, shrugging her shoulders again. "I don't watch cable."

She felt her phone vibrate in her pocket and she pulled it out, smiling when she saw it was Dave. She excused herself from the conversation, though she noticed Blaine's desperate gaze on her, begging her to stay as Cooper started talking about some Hollywood movie he was auditioning for.

Kayla answered the phone with a smile. "Hey, what's up?"

"Turn around." she furrowed her eyebrows as she turned around, her face immediately breaking out into a grin when she saw Dave at the end of the hallway smiling back at her and hung up the phone, running to the other end and falling into his arms as he laughed at her urgency.

Kayla chuckled. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm transferring back." Dave answered, holding Kayla close in his arms.

There was a certain amount of normalcy again with him back in these halls. It was just as it had been before he left, only now everyone knew about his sexuality and his suicide attempt. Still, he was trying to make the best out of the situation. Even the fact that in exchange for registering him back at McKinley, his mother had forced him into conversion therapy. He didn't want to make a big deal of it and he certainly didn't want Kayla to find out, but it had really bummed him out. He hated that his mother didn't see him the same anymore. His dad hadn't really said anything about it, but he wasn't stopping his mom, so Dave had to assume he agreed with his mom's choices. He didn't want to feel like a freak anymore, but he had this suspicion that it wasn't going to change any time soon.