8. JEALOUS ☑️

CHAPTER EIGHT |
jealous

***

KAYLA WAS WALKING down the hallway in Sam's letterman jacket. She got cold and so graciously just took his jacket from him. She was walking with him to his locker when she stuck her hands in the pocket and felt the box beneath her grasp. She pulled it out slightly, examining the velvet box in her hands before her eyes widened and she quickly shoved it back in. She grabbed Sam's hand and pulled him into the next available classroom which just so happened to be Mr. Schue's.

"Hey guys." he greeted, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Can we have a moment alone?" she nodded towards Sam and Mr. Schue agreed slowly, mumbling to himself that he was getting kicked out of his own classroom.

She pulled the box out of her pocket and threw it at him, watching as he nearly dropped it. "What the hell is this?"

"A promise ring." he shrugged, staring blankly at her. Kayla dropped her head in embarrassment.

"Do not tell me you're giving Quinn a promise ring." she deadpanned.

"But I am."

Kayla groaned. "Dude, that's so cheesy."

"I like cheese." Sam frowned, playing with the lid of the box, flopping it up and down.

She facepalmed, shaking her head. "Remind me again why we're friends."

"Because I'm your best friend and you love me?" he guessed.

She laughed. "That's definitely not it. More like the constant laughs that come from it."

He grinned, holding his arms out as he waited for a hug. She laughed before she dropped her body onto his. "Seriously though. Quinn might hate it."

"No one can hate it more than you." he smiled as her head laid in the crook of his neck.

←⧪→

Kayla was helping Kurt give his father and Finn dance lessons. Burt had just proposed to Finn's mom and the wedding was happening in just two weeks. Being that Kurt was closest to Kayla, he enlisted her to help out with the dance lessons and they were an absolute riot. Burt was getting better, but sometimes he would step on Kayla's feet.

As Kayla and Burt danced around the choir room, Kurt extended his hand for Finn to take and immediately the giant started complaining about it. And just when Kayla thought she and Finn were going to get along this year.

"Why can't I dance with Kayla?" Finn asked, his eyes darting between the open door and Kurt's stare.

Kayla looked back and joked, "I don't wanna dance with you."

Kurt grabbed his hand and got the two into position. "It's not a big deal, Finn. We're just practicing."

As Kurt spoke, his eyes followed Finn's and landed on Dave Karofsky at the door mouthing slurs and dropping his wrist in a limp. Kayla felt her blood start to boil. She and Karofsky didn't get along at all and she was tired of all the gay jokes. Before she knew what was happening, her feet were running down the hall to catch up to him.

"Karofsky!" she yelled. When he turned around, she punched him square in the jaw.

He was silent for a moment, holding his jaw in surprise. "You're gonna pay for that, dyke!"

And just when she was about to throw another punch (just much lower), she felt arms wrap around her waist and pull her back. She looked back to see Sam and she started struggling out of his grasp. Karofsky quickly ran off.