12. BACK TO YOU ☑️

CHAPTER TWELVE |
back to you

***

THE WEEK STARTED with Sue attempting to commit Sue-icide, which was really just her taking a bunch of vitamin gummies. After all her star Cheerios left for glee, she lost Regionals and she wasn't taking the loss too well. Mr. Schuester thought she was a danger to herself and so now she was sitting in on glee rehearsals for the week while the club tried to come up with an anthem for their Regionals. So far it wasn't working out too well.

When Sam came to her on Monday morning and told her that he'd started a JB tribute band called the Justin Bieber Experience, she wanted to laugh in his face. So she did.

After getting over her fit of giggles, she asked, "What in the world compelled you to do that?"

Sam frowned. "First of all, stop laughing. It's not funny. Second, everyone calls me a JB knockoff, so I might as well use it to my advantage."

"You're such a weirdo." she couldn't help the snort that flew out of her nose.

Sam rolled his eyes at her and was just about to walk away before Kayla grabbed his hand and pulled him back, trying to contain herself. "What are you really doing this for?"

The blonde sighed and Kayla could see the pain in his eyes. "I'm losing her, Kay."

You already lost her, Kayla wanted to say. But she knew Sam already knew the truth. He was just choosing not to believe it. And as much as she just wanted to help him through his heartbreak the same way he'd done with her a million times, everything in her knew that this was his decision and if this was how he wanted to do things, then she'd just have to go along with it.

She pulled him into a tight hug and rubbed his back soothingly. "It'll all be okay. I promise."

She bit her lip as she looked over Sam's shoulder and saw Finn and Quinn talking at his locker. Maybe it wouldn't be okay for awhile, but eventually Sam would be happy again. She was going to make sure of it.

←⧪→

The Justin Bieber Experience had worked out a lot better than anyone expected it to. Basically every girl was throwing themselves onto Sam at the moment and now it seemed that the other boys wanted the same action. All the boys were setting up in the auditorium for their performance, decked out in hoodies and flowy bowl cut hair (or at least what hair they could use to attempt the hairstyle). She looked to the left of the stage and she saw her worst nightmare, Puck not only performing a non-Jewish artist but also wearing a wig.

She approached the back of the stage and whispered to Puck to get his attention, "What the fuck is on your head?"

Puck blushed slightly, avoiding eye contact with her. "I don't have any hair."

Kayla nearly cooed at how adorable his demeanor was, so she pulled him into a hug. She wanted to make fun of him, but she couldn't. He was too cute.

"Are you doing this for Lauren?" Kayla asked with a wide grin.

Puck shrugged, still unable to actually keep eye contact with her. "She won't let me touch her boobs. Maybe this will sway her. I didn't even have to ask to touch yours."

She smacked his arm, arguing, "You are not funny. Lauren will give you a tit when she wants to. Singing JB isn't going to change her mind."

Puck chuckled slightly, looking back as the performance was about to start. "We'll see about that. Watch and learn, Garrett."

Kayla stepped away from the stage and stood at the front with Rachel who smiled at her and grabbed her hand, pulling her closer to her. Kayla smiled shyly and let go of her hand, seeing Finn glare at her from behind. He was sitting in the audience with Mr. Schuester and he did not look excited to be here.