1. FEEL AGAIN ☑️

CHAPTER ONE |
feel again

***

"HOW'S KENTUCKY? I miss you, Rocky." Kayla frowned as she got in her car and put the phone on speaker. She was on her way to Ollie's house to pick her up for school.

"It's alright. A little boring. I can't believe you lived here like all your life. And I miss you too, Magenta. How are things with Ollie?" Sam answered with a sigh. Kayla had just pulled up in front of her house and honked the horn.

"Hold that thought." she said as Ollie came running out the door and to the car, leaning over to give Kayla a kiss. "Good morning, babe."

"Ew. I can hear you guys." Sam cringed and the two girls laughed at him.

Ollie noted, "Nice to see you too, Sam."

"Yeah, yeah. Um, hhow's Mercedes?" he mumbled which caused Kayla to frown. She didn't really know how to tell him, but Mercedes had moved on to one of the linemen on the football team. Shane was really nice and he seemed to treat Mercedes very well, but she knew Sam still really liked her (or more likely loved her) and his move to Kentucky really put a damper on things.

"She's good. Look, I'm pulling into the parking lot now, so I'll talk to you later. Call me tonight, okay?"

"Totally. Love you." he answered.

"Love you too!" she quickly hung up and turned to Ollie who was looking at her oddly.

"What?"

She chuckled. "Sometimes I forget if you're my girlfriend or his."

Kayla rolled her eyes. "Hilarious. I definitely don't kiss him like this." she smirked, leaning over to press a chaste kiss to Ollie's lips.

They'd been dating for a little over four months now and everything was going swimmingly. Ollie took time for her and never stopped reminding her how beautiful she was. There were no games. She never had to worry about her girlfriend straying. Kayla was finally happy. Rachel and her feelings for her was like a distant memory. They hadn't really talked since the last day of school. They always seemed to ignore each other during the summer, but that was okay. It had been the best summer of Kayla's life and she was ready to start off her junior year right. The only downside was that Ollie was a senior and she wasn't quite ready for what that meant for them.

Kayla got out of the car, immediately letting her hand fall into Ollie's grasp as they walked up to the familiar walkway of McKinley High School. She smiled at a few familiar faces before they rounded the corner and saw Rachel.

Kayla stopped in place and Ollie frowned, dropping her hand and standing in front of her girlfriend to distract her from the girl in front of them. Ollie let her fingers grab Kayla's chin and she pulled her away from the gaze she had on Rachel who was laughing at some dumb joke Finn told her.

"You don't have to do this, princess. You don't have to be her friend. No one expects that from you." Ollie gave her a warm smile and Kayla nodded to her.

"I know. But ex-girlfriend or not, she's my best friend. Does that make you uncomfortable?" Kayla asked shyly.

Ollie shook her head. "No. She lost her chance months ago. You're my girlfriend now and no one can ruin that for us, okay?"

Kayla sighed a breath of relief as she leaned in to press her lips to Ollie's. She quickly pulled back and wrapped her arms around her waist while the blonde snuggled into the crook of her neck. Kayla mumbled, "I love you."

Ollie froze in her grasp, pulling back suddenly. "You do?"

The brunette cursed under her breath. "Fuck. I—I, is it too fast? I can take it back."