11. CRAZY IN LOVE ☑️

CHAPTER ELEVEN |
crazy in love

***

HALF OF KAYLA was really losing her shit at the moment. Another half was trying to calm herself down by stuffing a bunch of donuts in her face. She was literally shaking from nerves and she wasn't ready to face her feelings, let alone the source of those feelings. It had come to her attention as of late that she kind of had a thing for Rachel and it wasn't something she was opposed to or for. She just didn't really know how she felt for the moment. She was having trouble conveying her feelings and that was when mid-donut her doorbell rang.

Kayla groaned, trying to stuff the pastry in her mouth quickly. Barely able to push it down her throat, she coughed a bit, brushing the icing off onto her sweatpants. She opened the door to be met with the faces of Tina and Artie and then she remembered that it was Saturday. They were here for their threesome date. They loved to call it that just to make it sound weird.

Kayla, Artie, and Tina would all go out together on Saturday afternoons to have a friends dinner. It was something that Kayla was still working on getting used to. She wasn't used to having friends, let alone friends that actually wanted to spend time with her.

"Girl, you need to change." Artie grimaced, looking at the pizza stain on his friend's tank top and various forms of icing on her sweatpants.

Kayla wriggled her nose in disgust when she smelled the day old pizza wafting off her shirt and ran to change, inviting her friends inside. She quickly threw on a pair of jeans and a new shirt and ran back down the stairs before Tina ruined it for her.

"You know what, let's just have a stay in date." Tina proposed and Artie quickly agreed.

Kayla groaned, "You couldn't have told me that before I put jeans on?"

Tina chuckled and mouthed an apology to her best friend, helping her new boyfriend onto the couch. They'd quickly made up after their little fight over Tina's stutter. It had hurt Artie that she was faking a disability. He thought her stutter made her understand him just a bit better than everyone else, but he quickly realized that Tina didn't need to have a stutter to love him just the same.

As Tina saw Artie settling into the couch and watching what looked like High School Musical 2, she pulled Kayla off to the side. Something about her was off today. She never forgot about their Saturday dates. Something was up.

"What's up?"

Kayla tried to ignore Tina's enhanced gaze and made up excuses. "Nothing. Just excited for our movie marathon."

As the slightly younger girl attempted to walk away from Tina, the goth girl pulled her back. "What's going on with you and Rachel?"

Kayla grimaced at the sentence. It was the one thing she didn't want to be asked and even more so didn't want to think about. She was already way out of her element for even thinking about Rachel romantically. To actually admit that she might have a thing for her out loud was surely a death sentence.

Kayla scoffed, lying at a terrible rate. "What? That's ridiculous. Nothing's going on with me and Rachel!"

She was such a horrible liar.

"You know you can't lie to me, doofus." Tina retorted, crossing her arms over her chest.

Seeing that look on Tina's face, Kayla quickly broke. "Okay, so maybe I have a teensy little tiny crush. B—but that's it!"

Tina gave a sympathetic smile, putting an arm around her best friend. "Oh honey, it's definitely not teensy."

The two walked back to the living room where Artie was singing along to "I Don't Dance" and living out his Chad Danforth dreams. Tina and Kayla laughed at his hand going up and saying "Praise."