Running Into You

The idea of this one-shot originally came from the song Jar of Heart by Christina Perri but it went way off course. But oh well almost half of my one-shots do that.

Adrien POV
When I turned eighteen father tried to make me do the modeling I wasn't allowed to do before. When I refused he gave me two options. do as he said or be disowned, so I left him and never looked back. I left few months after graduation. Actually, LB had disappeared after we defeated Hawkmoth though I never learned of his identity. Marinette left without notice after graduation.

Father has been trying to find me ever since but I've been hiding, traveling, and getting my degree. The bastard even lied to the press and painted the picture of him being the strong man who braved through his wife's disappearance, only to have his son vanish without a trace. After living on my own (with Plagg) for eight years I have found my passion and am doing it for a living. Thanks to all the things he put me through I know lots of subjects. Now I tutor in my free time (school, Mandarin, piano, fencing, etc.), and am close to becoming a General Surgeon. In these eight years I have gone to college and medical school so now I just have to do residency, training, etc. for five-ish years.

As I walk around London, lost in my thoughts of what-ifs, I bump into someone causing me to topple over them, and land in a not so innocent position. I open my eyes and see those gorgeous bluebell eyes that I haven't seen in over eight years, "Seems like I fell for you, Mar..." I breathe out. This causes a tint of pink to highlight her small freckles on her nose and cheeks.

"H-Hey, Adrien," she stutters back which brings me back to reality. I quickly get up and extend my hand.

"Sorry for freezing up on top of you there. I just haven't seen you since graduation," I chuckle as I help her up. "I guess I forgot how beautiful you are."

Her entire face turns red at this. Being out in the world with freedom has really made me realize how much I care for her. I dated during college, even lost my virginity but none of those girls, even the really kind and cute ones, really stole my heart, "I could say the same to you, Agreste. You're even more handsome than when we were at Françoise Dupont," she replies while looking down at her shoes.

Gathering my courage I lift her chin with two fingers and whisper, "Did you know, that it's very rude to not look at someone while talking," and give my Cheshire grin.

"God, you're such a dork," she mutters but looks into my eyes. "So... wanna catch up with a cup of coffee?"

"Of course, Marinette. How about I take you to my favorite café?" she nods and I offer my hand. She takes it and I lead her the couple blocks to a quaint, quiet, tucked in the corner, store.

We each order a coffee, she orders a cookie, and I get an opera cake to share. We eat the cake and talk about the last eight years of our lives. I told her what happened when I turned eighteen and how I am working to become a General Surgeon. She tells me that after graduation she went to a secluded training area and finished studies of something that her old Master was teaching her before he died.

Apparently where she went was a place where she was disconnected from the outside world. She had only just completed her studies and taken her master's place. She would have been forced to stay if not for the fact that she still had a job to finish (HawkDaddy gave the Moth Miraculous to someone before she could take it), "So I'm guessing that you haven't had a boyfriend yet?" I ask and she turns beet red again.

"H-H-Hey!! When did I say that!" she exclaims. "I dated a bit but there are only so many guys there and none of them really connected with me. How about you Agreste? I know you dated during college but did you lose your V-Card yet?"