It's Not Your Business

Requested by Skylar_Wayne    

Third Person POV
After happily being married for three years, Ben and Mal found that they were expecting. Just before they announced her pregnancy, her grandmother made her grand re-entrance. Breaking free of the curse her daughter put upon her and reclaiming her staff. Before she could get her spellbook though, Mal hid it and went against her, barely making it out with her and her child's life. Her mother's words rang through her ears, "You took away my chance at revenge. I shall take away every bit of your happiness if it is the last thing I do."

Not wanting to risk the life of her child, she hid her until the day she was born. Then she sent her away to the Isle of the Lost to be raised by her grandfather.

Time Skip: 16 years
"See you after school?" Hades asked, eating a bowl of cereal on the couch, in front of his crappy TV.

"Maybe!" Marinette shouted back.

Realizing that she was in a mood, Hades turned to face his granddaughter. "What's got you so upset, gumdrop?" he asked.

"Haven't you heard? Mal and Ben are celebrating their 20th wedding anniversary tomorrow by exchanging vows again!" Marinette screamed, before composing herself and wiping her tear. Calmly, she added, "They've invited all of their family and loved ones to be right beside them and their subjects get to watch from the side... I saw the invitation... I'm not allowed to be right beside them. I'm their daughter, yet I don't get to be with them! I've... I- I've never gotten to even speak with them one on one. Only a letter or two a year, if I'm lucky," she let out a few sobs before putting on a smile and calming down.

"Gumdrop... they love you. You know that, right? That's why you live with me so that you'll be safe," he tells her like a broken record. He had said this too many times to count.

"If they loved me," Marinette started with a glare, "they would have protected me themselves. Bring you to the castle if necessary. I don't know a thing about them besides what everyone knows and what you've told me. I know more about Celia than them."

Hades noted, "To be fair, she did babysit y-"

"To be fair," Marinette growled back, "they're my parents that you seem to think loves me."

Hades sighed, knowing he'd never win against her. "Look, you're parents love you and I won't argue with you about it anymore. You going to school?" He asked and she gave him a look. "Just take the Ember. I know you have you're magic, but you never know. It-"

"It can nullify Maleficent long enough for me to escape, I know I know. You tell me every day..." Marinette giggles. "I'll be back before curfew. Have the Dupain-Cheng's tell the school I'm absent for the day. I can't deal with the class today..."

Hades nods kisses her forehead and hands her his Ember. She smiles back, puts the ember in her purse, and grabs her keys. She get's on her moped and drives over to Auradon, and to a cliff.

She sits with her knees to her chest. She sits there and stares at the ocean for a while before flicking her hand and freezing the person behind her. "Hi, Damian..." Marinette smiles and unfreezes him.

"Tt, witch..." he growls and sits next to her. Letting her lean her head on his shoulder

"Technically Maleficent was a fairy, fairy. So I'm not a witch, I'm a royal fairy demi-god. Who has a two-generation curse of being turned into a beast," Marinette corrects.

Damian sneers, "Your grandfather lost his title as a god."

"Where's Sunshine?" Marinette whispers.