May I...?

Despair Bear episode

Third Person POV
"Great job, kids. You've done some really good work," Marinette's dad eclairs causing everyone to cheer.

Adrien tells Chloe, "That was a great idea of inviting Marinette's dad!"

"I know. This way, no one can be mad at me for calling the fire department," Chloe replies in a duh tone. "I'm really nice now, did you notice, Adrikins? Even Ladybug said so! Didn't she, Jean-Pascal?"

"I'm proud of you, Chloé. I think you've proven that you're capable of making an effort to be nicer to everyone," he tells his childhood best friend. Proud of her.

"Aww, Adrikins! So we'll always be best friends, forever? Pinky swear?" she exclaims. Holding out her pinky.

"Pinky swear!" Adrien smiles before Chloe saunters off and starts insulting everyone's macrons. After she insults Marinette's she starts making faces at Chloe.

"She'll never change!" Adrien sighs. Marinette giggles and stops making faces as she notices Adrien.

He leans close and asks, "May I?" causing her to blush.

"Yeah! Sure!" Marinette exclaims with a stutter. "I mean... Uh, what?"

"Have a macaron!" Adrien explains, oblivious to her train of thought.

"Yes, of course," Marinette exclaims, but, flustered, drops all of the macrons, "Oh, sorry, I'm so clumsy!"

"It's okay," he replies. Holding up the single spared macron that he managed to save before eating it. "Wow, this is really good. Your baking is good as your dancing, but... would it be too much to ask if I can try something else?"

"Try you do you want? Aagg!! I mean, what do you want to try?" Marinette stutters.

"This..." he whispers and lifts her chin as he leans closer. His eyes half-closed. "May I...?"

She just gaps at him. Mouth opens slightly as everyone is staring at them. Tom trying to remember how much he and his wife bet on. Alya nudges Marinette and she nods.

Adrien leans down and is about to kiss her when Chloe shoves Marinette, "I'm not letting her kiss my Adrikins under my roof!" before latching onto him.

He pulls Chloe off him and helps Marinette up, "Let's continue this later, Marinette," he whispers to her with a wink before his phone chimes. "I have to go," he announces, "Father wants me back home. See ya'." He smiles softly at Marinette and kisses her hand before leaving her star-struck and frozen.