One Step Closer

Requested by sis11132006
After the special New York episode

Marinette POV
After we came back from New York my ki- Chat was different and Lila started making more promises and such. While patrolling I see Alya and give her an interview as 'Marinette requested' and in the middle of it my K- Chat called me up. I pick up and tell him, "Hey Kitty, sorry for taking so long I am being interviewed by Alya."

"Oh well stay where you are and I'll join you LB," Chat answers before hanging up. A few moments later he is next to me and smiling at the camera. After a while, the interview is over and we make our way to the Eiffel Tower.

"Hey, Kitty..." I whisper as we look over our city and lovers getting André's ice cream.

"Yeah Bugaboo?" Chat answers while swinging his legs.

"Are you ok?" I question. "You've been acting different since we got back from, NY."

I look at him as he sighs and visibly deflates, "It's everything LB... I seem to mess up everything. No matter what I do I can't please my father and my relationship with this girl crashed because I still love you but now theirs this other girl which is so confusing. I also can't even get a break to relax," he rants, "when out of mask I have to a vision of perfection, and when Chat Noir I can't be just me. I'm bound to duty in mask and in civilian form I'm in a cage wearing a fake smile that no one notices, worst of I'm always disappointing you. Everyone thinks I'm your sidekick, not your partner but they might be right. You're so perfect..."

I feel my heartbreak for him and hug him tightly and whisper, "Oh kitty... I'm so sorry and I wish I could help you. You are my partner and I'd be lost without you. And I am not perfect, no one is."

"But you are LB, do you remember when we first met?" he whispers and I nod into his shoulder. "Well you crashed into me and called yourself clumsy... the next day you said you shouldn't be a hero. You chastise yourself on simple mistakes, you've called yourself the worst Ladybug... but you still do it. You get up every day, you continue to fight and beat everything despite the odds, even if the police still act as if we are just useless kids. We both are still inexperienced, don't quite yet understand the world, and we make mistakes... yet you always fix both our problems and missteps. That is what makes you perfect, your mistakes make you this perfect amazing hero."

"Chat I-"

Chat cut me off, "I should go before my father realizes that I'm missing, later LB," and jumped off, when I finally got to my bed I didn't sleep.

I thought about New York and how I chased Adrien even though I actually like my Kitty but can't be with him as Lady- WHAT??? I like Chat Noir? Oh, Kwami I lo- AHH I love Chat Noir!!! I can't believe I love that silly, sweet, dorky, lonely alley cat... and it doesn't even matter because dating anyone, even a superhero in the mask because it'd put them at greater risk.

The next day when I see Adrien I don't feel the same, there are some feelings left but not really. Weird thing is that everyone was smiling at me funny like they knew something about me that I didn't... honestly it's a bit unnerving. This goes on till the next day, "Hey girl!!" Alya called at lunch. It was weird because they've all ignored me since yesterday.

"Hey, Alya, what have you guys been up to?" I ask. "All of you have been ignoring me for almost two days," she looked at me sheepishly and Nino fumbled with his headphones.

"Well, dudette you see..." Nino starts.
"We have been preparing something to help you and Adrien finally get together!" Alya finishes

"Oh umm..." I fumble out, "thanks? I guess but-"

"Aren't you excited? Adrienette is finally happening!!" Alya squealed.

"I mean this is great and all but," I reply, "it's just too late, someone else stole my heart just two days ago."

Alya and Nino stare at me blank-faced for a moment before Alya screams, "WHAT!!!" Nino just stares at me dumbfounded.

"Who?" is all Nino manages to get out as he slowly gets out of his shock.

"A quirky alley cat..." I blush out and twiddle my fingers.

"Luka?" Alya questions.

"A weirdo?" Nino asks.

"No," I whisper, "it's not Luka. And yes he is a bit weird but not what your thinking, he isn't bad or anything."

"Well, Adrien is in the gym if you want to talk to him...." Alya mutters, looking very confused. I nod and walk to the gym just to see what crazy schemes they came up with now.

"Marinette there you are..." Adrien stutters as I enter the gym and see him wearing a tux. "This must look a bit crazy... Alya said for me to do it..." he then chuckled and scratched the back of his neck.

"Look Adrien I don't know if you are aware of this but this is one of the class's ideas to help get you and me together," I tell him and laugh. "Actually I used to have a massive crush on you which started it... but someone else stole my heart..."

"Oh really? Well you know how Kagami and I didn't work out, well she said that we wouldn't work if I still liked you," Adrien whispered. "Of course I was confused because there's another girl I'm in love with but when I thought about it... I realized that like you more than Kagami so when I talked to Nino about it he told Alya and soon the entire class made up this plan. Your an amazing girl Marinette but if I'm being honest I'm kinda glad this didn't work because I still love that other girl... she is my rock, even if she doesn't like me and you deserve a guy who gives you all his love and attention."

"That was a beautiful speech, I hope this girl of yours realizes what she's missing out on."

"And I hope your guy gives you everything you deserve," (I hurt when writing this, YOU OBLIVIOUS DORKS) Adrien smiles before chuckling out, "if not your dad could always turn into Weredad and give him a beating."

I groan, "Please don't remind me...."

Soon that we both leave, I tell the girls what happen and hear Lila spinning a tale about how mean I was to him and all that jazz. I go home and do my homework until it's time for patrol. I swing around my side of Paris for a bit and stop a shooting before heading to the Eiffel Tower. When I got there Chat was already waiting and singing a lullaby. "Little kitty on a roof, all alone without his lady- oh hey Bugaboo!"

"Hey, Kitty..."

I sit down next to him and lay my head on his shoulder. After a bit he starts talking, "Look I know you've already told me you like someone else but-" but I cut him off.

"I love you too Kitty..." when I say this he beams at me.

"Does that mean we-"

I cut him off again, "But it's not safe to be together as heroes..."

"Oh..." he sighs.

"Maybe," I whisper, "when Hawkmoth is finally defeated we could reveal and date outside of the mask. What do you think?" just then a song in the distance starts to play.

"Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt, suddenly goes away somehow" it goes.

"I'll wait thousands of years if that is what it takes bugaboo.." He whispers.

"And I will find you... when this is all over I'll find a way to make sure we're together." I answer softly.

"One Step closer?" -Chat

"One Step Closer."

ˆSong and I love this videoˆ