I'm Too Late

Frozer episode

Adrien's POV
"Pound it!" Ladybug and I say in unison.

"Hey Ladybug! I have a question." I shout once we finish taking care of Philippe just before she swings away.

"What is it kitty? I only have 2 minutes left." She states in a rushed tone,

"If you had never met that guy, would you have fallen for me?" I ask,

"I don't know, I mean I think I like someone else and there is another boy that's so sweet. Probably though, I mean I didn't meet the other guy until way after but it doesn't matter, we can't be with anyone in hero form, it would affect everything and cloud our judgment. Now I have a question." She states, it stings but she did say maybe so there is a chance?

"What is it Bugaboo?" I purr and she rolls her eyes.

"If Hawkmoth never existed, if we never became Ladybug and Chat Noir, is there anyone else you would have fallen for, someone you met a bit after me?" She asks in a hopeful tone, I think about Kagami but than another bluenette pops into my mind, someone who is always there for me and is brave, caring, and open to most things, she has all the traits that I like about Kagami and more I've seen them as both Adrien and Chat Noir... Marinette.

"Yeah, a girl in my class I met her last year (making dates up don't hate)... ha I guess Plagg and my best friend was right, she, not just a friend." I stutter, the realization hitting me like a ton of bricks, I really am oblivious. She smiles that warm kind smile, but I don't think of how amazing she is, I think about how much I want to make Marinette smile like that and laugh and Marinette's cute clumsy ways.

"Than maybe try and go after her," -Ladybug

"She doesn't like me, she's always fumbling her words and not talking clearly to me, she's fine around everyone but me." I dejectedly explain which causes LB to chuckle and shake her head.

"She probably is head over heels then, but if it's been that long you might want to hurry before she decides that your better as a friend, I've already done that." Luka, Marinette might like me but if she does she might be leaning towards Luka now!

"Thanks, LB, I gotta go after her, don't worry though, you'll always be my Bugaboo!" I shout as a vault off.

Time Skip
Third Person POV
Adrien opens the car door for Kagami and continues to talk "... and I realized that my new 'target' has been someone I always liked, I'm sorry but I only see you as a friend." Kagami looks at him "It's fine, the day you realize who your target should be I'm here." And she kissed his cheek.

Marinette was talking to Philippe, laughing at his joke when she saw Kagami kiss Adrien's cheek and leave.
She frowned and started walking when Luka was asked, "Do you want to take the subway together, Marinette?" she froze for a second as she thought he had already left. He then saw that she was looking at Adrien and smiled knowingly. "You should go and talk to him. Thanks for inviting me out today."

Marinette looked at Luka and then Adrien and than back at Luka. "Thanks but no, I'd rather go with you," Marinette replies with a small smile and light pink tint on her cheeks. "We should come here again, I had a lot of fun Luka." She continued and held out her hand while looking down slightly,

Luka took it and confessed: "I'd love that, but next time let's go just the two of us."

This caused Marinette to look up "Like a date?" She questioned as Adrien started to walk over and heard this,

"If you would like," Luka grabbed her other hand "because you're the most extraordinary girl,  Marinette. As clear as a musical note, and as sincere as a melody. You are the music the has been playing inside my head since the first day we met."

Marinette started to blush more "I- You- I can't believe someone ever thought of me like that, I- I'm sorry I didn't realize how I felt until today Luka." She then leaned closer to him stopping inches away from his lips, her eyes asking for permission. Luka closed the gap, both closing their eyes the kiss only lasted a few seconds but left both a little breathless. After they walked hand in hand to the subway.

During this sweet moment, Adrien stood where he was, frozen the only thing going through his head was 'I'm too late'