Mrs. Dupain-Cheng-Wayne-Todd

Requested by Maldragonqueen  and 1LoveTooManyFandoms  

Requested by Maldragonqueen and 1LoveTooManyFandoms  

Third Person POV
The day Jasons' mom overdosed another Todd disappeared. Marinette Todd was only three when she met Talia. She was hurt and Marinette, having a big heart, ripped her cardigan to help wrap Talia's wound. Talia, liking this girl, decided to take her back to the League. Marinette grew up with Damian for five years. Damian didn't like her because Talia seemed to favor her, teaching her about magic and never punishing her. Marinette, on the other hand, really liked hanging around Damian, or at least, spying on Damian when he thought that he was alone. She desperately wished that he would try to get to know her, and his distaste for her only seemed to have gotten worse after Talia told the two children that they would marry in the future. He was very pissed when their souls were bound or whatever with the water of the Lazarus Pit.

When they were eight, Marinette had to leave for Paris. They stayed in touch till he was ten, but during those two years apart Damian realized that he missed the bubbly bluenette. That changed when they were sixteen and they met in Gotham Academy. He was rude, pissy, and grumpy while she was still bubbly and kind, but now also teasing and conniving. She never missed an opportunity to tease him about how grumpy he acts or remind him that they were both engaged and bound together. Jon kept score.

It started when she first moved to Gotham (during their sophomore year). She entered a Spelling Bee that Damian has been winning since he was ten. He was going for his fifth win in a row when a familiar face entered the competition. Marinette won causing Damian to become enraged, "Hey, Damian! Nice to see you again. Did you see that I won? This is amazing!!! How are you?" was the first thing she had said to him. He just stormed off. The next day she joined Gotham Academy and Damian was told to show her around as he is the best multilingual and she's from Paris. He grumbled showing her around while she just beamed at him. The next week they had their push-up competition in PE. Marinette went before than him and broke his record by ten, and when she heard that she had the new school record she was exhilarated. When it was Damian's turn he broke her record by twenty.

Things like this went on, from races and self-defense to class projects and records. Jon kept pressing the two on their history. Damian told him in many ways to shut up and get his alien nose out of others' business while Marinette was vague. Explaining that he should ask his best friend and if Damian doesn't want him to know then she won't tell but also saying why she does what she does and begged (and threatened) him to never tell Damian.

Damian POV
After the three years were up, we had graduated, "Well, I'm going to leave, Damian..." Marinette whispered. Standing right behind me.

"Good," I tutted and rolled my eyes.

"I won't keep in contact if you keep on acting like a brat, Damian," Marinette huffed. "Even if you are my fiancé and our souls are bound."