Chapter Two: Boredom

'Zephyr found himself sitting in his bed cross-legged. He was doing his best to meditate, trying to ignore the shaking of his breath and the cold in his chest'

'The metal plating along his arms were twitching and shuddering. A weak green glow being visible under the metal'

'Unbeknownst to Zephyr the door to his room had opened and Ahsoka was stood with a tray of food in each hand'

'Ahsoka raised placed the trays down onto the small table in the room before picking up one of the small stones Zephyr had been given by Yoda'

'Using the force Ahsoka fired the stone at Zephyr, hitting him directly in the forehead. Knocking him out of his meditative state'

"You're supposed to be laying down" 'Ahsoka said in a mildly amused tone as Zephyr rubbed his forehead. His arm locking up momentarily as he did so'

'Zephyr glared at the Togruta momentarily before she sat down on a stool that was next to the table, using the force to hand Zephyr his tray of food'

"Why are you here?" 'Zephyr signed to Ahsoka in confusion. Struggling slightly to do so'

"Master Shaak-Ti had to return to Kamino. So until you recover it's my job to look after you. By the way. What the heck did you do exactly? The correction ceremony you had to undergo wasn't exactly fun!" 'Ahsoka said in a slightly bewildered state'

"I'm not sure. I don't remember much about it. Just the heat...and the exhaustion" 'Zephyr signed, wincing slightly as his left hand twitched momentarily'

"That's fair. According to master Kenobi you pulled off a pretty impressive assault on a separatist base" 'Ahsoka said with a small grin, trying to lighten the mood'

"If by "assault" you mean being alone in an A.T.T.E walker. Then yeah. Sure" 'Zephyr said as he picked up his fork, stabbing a piece of his food'

'Ahsoka chuckled quietly as she placed her tray of food in her lap. Crossing her arms afterwards'

"Well from what I heard. You brought the entire base down through the force by yourself" 'Ahsoka said bluntly, causing Zephyr to jump in surprise, breaking out into a coughing fit as he choked on his food for a moment'

"I did WHAT?" 'Zephyr signed frantically in confusion. A look of disbelief having crossed his face'

"Yeah. Apparently you unleashed a quake in the force strong enough to take down the whole facility" 'Ahsoka said with a small grin crossing her face'

"But it took you with it. Hence why you feel like you do now" 'Ahsoka said in a matter of fact tone, leaving Zephyr in a state of shock'

'Zephyr looked at his hands in surprise, briefly opening the plating along them. Only closing them as his hands started to shudder'

"I wasn't ready for that mission" 'Zephyr signed honestly, earning a hum from Ahsoka'

"No you weren't. You were far from ready" 'Ahsoka said, Her honesty seeming to sting Zephyr slightly'

"You still did your best though, better than I did on my first mission" 'Ahsoka said with a mildly reassuring tone, catching Zephyr's attention'

"I kind of doubt that" 'Zephyr signed doubtfully, earning a shrug from Ahsoka'

"Well. On my first mission with my master. I didn't listen to orders all too much, If I had been left in the situation you were, I probably wouldn't have made it out alive back then" 'Ahsoka admitted with an honest tone in her voice'

'Zephyr simply gave Ahsoka a doubtful look before returning to eating his food. Clearly not believing the Togruta'

"Look. What I'm trying to say is you shouldn't underestimate yourself. You have one of the most powerful connections to the force I've ever felt" 'Ahsoka said with a sigh, picking up her fork as well'

'As the two ate, Ahsoka looked around the room, using the force to float another of the three stoned Zephyr had over to her'

'She looked at the stone momentarily before snapping her fingers, catching Zephyr's attention'

' holding her fork in her mouth Ahsoka holds the stone in her free hand, briefly holding it up as if to say "catch"

'Ahsoka then used the force to toss the stone over to Zephyr. Causing him to quickly bring his hands up, using the force to catch it'

'Zephyr glared at Ahsoka momentarily before tossing the stone back to her with a little more strength than she had, causing her to react quickly'

'Ahsoka had to drop her fork onto the tray in her lap, which she had taken into her hand once again'

'With her competitive nature taking over Ahsoka tried to toss the stone back to Zephyr'

'Ahsoka found the stone froze mid air. Causing her to narrow her eyes at Zephyr, who had raised his hand towards it'

'Zephyr was pushing against the stone through the force. Which had caused it to freeze mid air'

'The two Jedi in training glared at each other momentarily before Ahsoka started to push harder, causing the stone to slowly move towards Zephyr'

'In response Zephyr did the same, causing the plating along the palm of his hand to open up. A green glow growing beneath the armor'

'The stone slowly started to move towards Ahsoka again, earning a laugh of mild disbelief'

"So that's how it's going to be?" 'Ahsoka said with a chuckle, a competitive tone creeping into her voice'

*To Be Continued*