Chapter Two: His Voice

"How Is he doing?" 'Obi-wan asked as he stood with the grandmaster outside of an medical room'

"Alive he is. Got to him in time, Padawan Tano did" 'The grandmaster explained as they watched through the window'

'Zephyr was laying in a medical bed with Ahsoka sitting next to him. waiting for him to wake up, likely to find out what had happened'

'His right arm and shoulder were in a cast of sorts. It looked as if something had nearly severed his shoulder, cleaving straight through his cybernetics'

'His left hand was clenched tightly into a fist, as if it had locked up'

"What could possibly have enough strength to rip through his cybernetics? They were durable enough to absorb blasters quite easily" 'Obi-wan pondered, earning a hum from the grandmaster'

"Sensed a disturbance in the force I did. Unsure of it's source I am however" 'Yoda explained as he rested both hands on his cane, looking through the window as he did so'

'Ahsoka jumped as she heard a mechanical whirring come from Zephyr. What looked like sparks were shooting from his wounded shoulder'

'Ahsoka quickly corrected her posture as Zephyr started coughing, placing a hand on his left shoulder to steady him'

"Hey, take it easy. You're back in the temple" 'Ahsoka stated reassuringly as Zephyr's eyes lit up, looking around the room in confusion'

'Zephyr let out a few more weak coughs. A dull robotic tinge being audible within his voice'

'Zephyr shook his head in confusion as he felt a light click in his throat followed by a momentary vibration, eliciting another cough from him'

"How do you feel?" 'Ahsoka asked in a more curious tone, raising an eyebrow as she did so'

'A small but weak smile crossed Zephyr's face as he let out a dull laugh'

"I've...Been through...worse" 'Zephyr said weakly, earning a look of surprise from Ahsoka'

'Zephyr's voice sounded surprisingly smooth, despite the current scratchiness of it, his voice also had a ever so slightly robotic filter to it'

'Ahsoka smirked as she crossed her arms, a pleasantly surprised expression crossing her face'

"Well look at you! You finally found your voice huh?" 'Ahsoka asked with a chuckle, earning one from Zephyr himself'

"It took me....long enough" 'Zephyr stated with a sigh, a light accent creeping in to his voice'

'Zephyr and Ahsoka's attention was caught by the doorway opening. Both Obi-wan and the grandmaster having entered'

"I trust you rested well?" 'Obi-wan asked Zephyr, earning a shake of the cyborg's head. A small grin crossing his face'

"Tell me Padawan. Remember what happened do you?" 'Yoda asked curiously, earning an unsure expression from Zephyr'

'Zephyr sat in thought for a moment before his head hurt slightly. The memory of a large hand gently holding the side of his face briefly flashing through his mind'

"Not.....really" 'Zephyr said in a hesitant tone, deciding to keep what he could remember to himself'

'The grandmaster let out a hum before closing his eyes, a small smile crossing his face'

"Tell us when ready you are. Wait until then we will" 'The grandmaster remarked with a small chuckle'

'Zephyr shrunk ever so slightly at the grandmaster's response. Catching onto the fact he knew Zephyr was hiding something'

"It's a shame. I was quite looking forward to see your lightsaber when you made it" 'Ahsoka teased'

"Agreed. Though you failed It would seem you did get something out of this venture" 'Obi-wan stated in agreement, seeming to be just as amused as Ahsoka'

'Zephyr seemed to fall into thought as he looked to his left arm, briefly rotating his wrist, causing it to sputter weakly'

"Is there something the matter Padawan?" 'Obi-wan asked curiously, earning a smirk from Zephyr'

"I wouldn't say....It was failure exactly" 'Zephyr stated in a strained voice. HIs left arm sputtering'

'Ahsoka was the first to notice it. From under his fingers a dull green glow could be seen emanating from his left hand'

'A grin crossed the Grandmaster's face as he turned to Ahsoka, standing next to her'

'Zephyr slowly opened his fingers before they sputtered and stopped. Steam flowing from the joints on his hands'

'Ahsoka shook her head before grasping Zephyr's hand, slowly prying his fingers open'

'Ahsoka chuckled to herself as she leaned back into her chair, crossing her arms once more'

"Guess I'll be getting to see what you make after all" 'Ahsoka stated with a chuckle'

'Zephyr softly tilted his hand enough to grasp the crystal between his thumb and index finger

'The grandmaster carefully took the crystal from Zephyr, looking it over curiously'

"A unique crystal you have found. Seen nothing like it I have" 'The grandmaster stated with a curious tone'

*To Be Continued*