Be Vigilant

"What do you want with me?" 'Zephyr asked callously as he walked with the Father'

"I simply wish to see where you stand in the force. The last conduit to arrive here was rather. Hostile" 'The father stated simply, contuing to lead Zephyr through the night'

"And how do you intend on doing so?" 'Zephyr asker curiously'

"Nothing but a simple test I assure you" 'The father explained calmly'

"Yeah. Last time I had a "test" i nearly died" 'Zephyr said simply as the father came to a stop'

'The older force user turned to face Zephyr, his arms still being folded behind his back'

"Strike me" 'The father said simply, earning a shake of Zephyr's head'

"Excuse me?" 'Zephyr asked in a mixture of shock and confusion'

"If you can cause me harm. I will know where you stand within the balance of the force" 'The father said simply as Zephyr hesitantly raised his lightsaber, igniting it as he did'

"I dont know about this.." 'Zephyr said hesitantly'

"Do not worry. I can handle it" 'The father said reassuringly'

'With a shaky breath Zephyr readied his lightsaber'

'As he let the breath out he gathered himself, narrowing his eyes'

'it happened in seconds. Faster than even Zephyr could have reacted'

'He had kicked off and lunged at the Father, slicing downward at him'

'Before one could even blink, the father held the attack back through the force, the blade being mere millimeters from his eye'

"I see, you are the one they spoke of" 'The father said as he dropped the blade, causing Zephyr to drop, staggering for a moment as a result'

"H-How did I?" 'Zephyr asked, looking back at where he had been standing'

'The ground was cracked and broken, reduced to a loose pile of rubble'

"This planet. It is a nexus of force energy. It allows you to tap in to your true capabilities"

"Or rather. A brief look into what you're capable of" 'The father explained as he approached the currently dazed Cyborg'

'Zephyr looked up the the Father in a confused stupor, his eyes flickering weakly'

"You are the conduit that shall put the force back into balance. You are the ultimate sum of your predecessors pasts"

"If you learn to focus your learning, you will be capable of anything, follow the will of the force. Not the will others place upon you" 'The father finished, causing Zephyr to look to his hands'

"You may use this place to meditate, focus on centering your connection to the force"

"But be vigilant....there are those that would wish to use you for your power" 'The father said simply, earning a look of uncertainty from Zephyr'

"Who are you talking about?" 'Zephyr questioned coldly'

"The Jedi. The three you came here with. Do you trust them?" 'The father asked curiously'

"I trust Ahsoka, I trust Anakin....Obi-wan wouldn't hurt me but...I've had poor experiences with his judgment" 'Zephyr admitted, recalling the events of his first "assignment"

'The father hummed curiously, coming to a stop as he did'

"The Togrutan...you hold her in rather high regards"

"She has aided you in the past?"

"In the short time I've known her. She has helped me quite a bit" 'Zephyr stated in a matter of fact tone'

'The father looked to Zephyr, as if he were examining him'

"The Jedi you came here with are good people. But that does not mean you should follow them"

"Dont shut out your emotions as they expect of you"

"But don't let yourself fall to them either"

"If you can master your own balance. You will realize your potential" 'The father explained, earning an uncertain expression from Zephyr'

"I'll try"

*To Be Continued*