Chapter Two: A Blade Unlike Any Other

'Zephyr could be found sitting cross legged in the center of the storage area on board the crucible'

'Around him was a variety of light saber components. The drawers and cupboards of storage had been opened and pulled out'

'Zephyr's eyes were closed and he had his hands clasped together in his lap. Despite his meditative state, it was obvious he was tired'

'He had large bags under his eyes and his cybernetics would shake and shudder weakly'

"How long has he been at this?" 'Shaak-Ti asked curiously as she stood next to Huyang'

"Nearly nine hours now. He has tried many combinations for the components, most of them would have been great combinations" 'Huyang explained as he blinked, his eyes flickering slightly'

"As with everything else involving him. This process will be needlessly complex." 'Shaak-Ti explained with a chuckle'

'Zephyr's hand froze as the air suddenly stood still, a distant banging being heard within the room'

'Huyang looked around before noticing one of the few remaining drawers that was closed. It had begun shuddering as if something was trying to escape'

'The old droid walked over to it curiously before opening it, a silver blur instantly flying out of the drawer past him'

'As the new part flew over Zephyr it froze. The other pieces doing so as well'

'Slowly but surely the other lightsaber parts began to fall and clatter to the ground. One piece of each remaining in the air'

'The emitter, focusing lens, hilt, crystal, switch, hand grip and pommel cap. Each an integral but small part of the weapon'

'As they all lined up the Kyber crystal began to glow a bright green before the lightsaber assembled itself, the remaining pieces floating back into the air before flying back to where they came from'

'As Zephyr felt the lightsaber's hilt against his hand he opened his eyes, taking hold of the weapon'

'The lightsaber in it's entirety seemed to be made out of a silver like metal. The emitter had an odd diamond shape to it as well'

'As he stood up. Zephyr looked over his lightsaber, looking up to Huyang as he approached with Shaak-Ti'

"May I?" 'Huyang asked curiously, causing Zephyr to hesitantly hand it over to the droid'

'Huyang looked over the lightsaber curiously, opening the emitter before closing it, flicking the switch'

'Huyang flipped the switch a few more times earning nothing from the hilt, a curious hum coming from him'

'Huyang handed Zephyr the lightsaber, Zephyr had a mixture of confusion and frustration visible on his face as he held the hilt'

'Upon flicking the switch of the hilt Zephyr jumped slightly as a bright jade green blade was projected from it'

'The blade looked as if it was made of solid jade, It had the shape of a old long sword. It even hummed at a different octave than most lightsabers he had seen'

'Zephyr slowly swung the blade from side to side, causing the hum to raise in a pitch slightly. The hum was much deeper than the average lightsaber'

"Interesting. It would seem the crystal only responds to you" 'Shaak-Ti said as she looked at the lightsaber'

"That isn't the only intriguing thing about this particular saber" 'Huyang added causing Zephyr to turn to him, deactivating his lightsaber. Handing it back to the droid'

"What do you mean?" 'Zephyr asked with a light cough, still adjusting to vocal communication'

"Through the force you chose quite a unique set up for your saber. A serrated emitter as well as a Beskar exterior. Quite the aggressive construction" 'Huyang explained, earning a confused expression from Zephyr'

"Why Is the Beskar important?" 'Zephyr asked, causing Huyang to blink as he tilted his head'

"That hilt is one of the only ones of it's kind. I would have thought you would know of Beskar, You are Mandalorian after all" 'Huyang explained as he gently handed the hilt back to Zephyr'

'Zephyr cautiously looked at his lightsaber hilt, a expression of confliction having crossed his face'

'Zephyr looked up as he felt Shaak-Ti place a hand on his shoulder, having moved to stand beside him'

"Come Padawan, You must get back to the temple" 'Shaak-Ti said with a mild tone of pride in her voice as she began to walk Zephyr out of the room'

"Thank you for your help Huyang" 'Zephyr said with a hesitant but genuine tone as he looked back to the droid'

"Of course Padawan, any time" 'Huyang said with a chuckle as he closed the door behind the two'

*To Be Continued*