Chapter Three

"Are you sure about this?" 'Zephyr asked hesitantly as he walked with Ahsoka, earning a nod from her'

"If you're going to be a Jedi. You're probably going to fly a ship at some point, an Astromech would help" 'Ahsoka admitted as she opened a door to the storage bay'

"I've been on one mission and one trial. I almost died on both" 'Zephyr stated in a matter of fact tone'

"Yeah but ya didn't! You'll get the hang of it Z' "Ahsoka said with a reassuring tone, earning a look of confusion from Zephyr'

"Z? As in Z-E-E?" 'Zephyr asked, earning a mildly embarrassed expression from Ahsoka'

"Yeah. Why do you not like it?" 'Ahsoka asked hesitantly, mild panic flooding through her body'

"No its fine. Just caught me off guard is all, not used to nicknames" 'Zephyr said with a shrug, earning near silent a sigh of relief from Ahsoka'

"Well, lets take a look around! See what we can find" 'Ahsoka said awkwardly as she cleared her throat'

'Ahsoka was quick to start looking around, as if she were distracting herself'

'Not paying much mind to the Togruta's abnormal behavior. Zephyr began to search the storage area as well'

'They found spare parts, old blaster models, a few old lightsber chasis'

'However after a few hours of searching. Zephyr found something behind an old crate'

'Moving the Crate it was found to be an old Astro mech. An incredibly old one'

'It looked like a prototype of an old R-2 or R-3 unit. But it had a sligtly more blocky shaped head'

'Wiping off the designation pannel. Zephyr found it was actually a old D-4 model of astro mech'

"Ahsoka, how long has this thing been here?" 'Zephyr asked in confusion'

'Ahsoka made her way over to Zephyr, stopping next to him, a look of recognition crossing her face'

"I haven't seen this thing in ages! They used to use it in demonstrations when i was a youngling" 'Ahsoka explained as she crouched down'

"It's never worked though" 'Ahsoka said standing back up, earning a hum from Zephyr'

'Zephyr placed his hand on the deactivated droid's head'

'His hand sparked with green energy, causing the Droid to flicker to life for moment's at a time'

'Ahsoka watched curiously as a click sounded off from the droid'

'It whirred and clicked as it booted up, almost as if it were updating'

'After a few moments the droid let out a few loud but confused sounding beeps as it looked around'

"How did you know that would work?" 'Ahsoka asked in confusion'

"I didn't, just went with my gut" 'Zephyr said with a shrug'

'His attention was caught by an excited beeping from the reactivated Astro mech'

"Someone's excited" 'Ahsoka said with a chuckle as the droid sped around Zephyr, stopping in front of the door'

'As the door opened the astro mech let out a alarmed blaring sound'

'Obi-wan let out a chuckle as the droid sped back to Zephyr, readying it's tazer'

"I see you found an astro mech for him as instructed" 'Obi-wan said with a laugh'

"Well he found it" 'Ahsoka said as she gently nudged the Cyborg next to her'

"Well let's hope it works properly. You two are accompanying Anakin and I on a mission" 'Obi-wan explained, earning an unsure expression from Zephyr'

"Are you absolutely sure thats a good idea?" 'Zephyr questioned'

"I wont allow either of you to be put in harms way. Not as you were last time Zephyr" 'Obi-wan said in a calm but blunt tone, doing his best to reassure Zephyr'

"There have been some strange distress calls as of late. The grandmaster is sending us to investigate, he feels you are ready" 'Obi-wan finished, earning a hum from Zephyr'

"Hey, you'll do better this time. You've learned a lot since then" 'Ahsoka said in an honest tone'

"That was a month ago" 'Zephyr said with his eyes narrowing'

*To Be Continued*