Chapter Two: The Next Step

"Rested well the two of you have I trust?" 'The grandmaster asked, chuckling lightly as he turned to face the two Padawan's behind him'

'Zephyr was standing in his newly acquired Jedi robes, a nice grayish black color'

"Sort of. Someone's been pretty antsy" 'Ahsoka said as she gestured to Zephyr. Earning a dull hum from him'

"You requested to see us....In the landing bay?" 'Zephyr signed in confusion, earning a chuckle from the grandmaster'

"An important day this is. Tested you have been Padawan Zephyr" 'The grandmaster stated. Earning a look of what seemed to be recognition from Ahsoka, a small smirk crossing her face'

"Did I pass...?" 'Zephyr signed hesitantly but curiously'

'Yoda simply smiled before looking to Ahsoka'

"Pass you did. Move to the next stage of your training we will" 'The grandmaster explained, resting on his cane'

"Every Jedi goes through a ritual known as "the gathering" when they are younglings. You have yet to do so" 'Ahsoka chimed in, a light tone of excitement being audible in her voice'

'Zephyr's attention was caught by Yoda igniting his green bladed lightsaber, causing him to flinch momentarily'

"An important tool a Jedi's lightsaber is. Of great importance within the order they are"  Yoda began to explain, causing Zephyr to calm slightly'

"Come the time has. For you, young Padawan. To find a crystal of your own lightsaber" 'The grandmaster explained as a three winged ship had begun to land behind him'

'Before explaining further, the grandmaster turned and began walking to the ship as the two wings on it's side folded up'

"What exactly does this mean?" 'Zephyr signed in confusion to Ahsoka, earning a chuckle from the Togruta as she shook her head'

"Come on, I'll explain once were on our way to Ilum" 'Ahsoka stated as she walked past Zephyr, gesturing for him to follow'

'Zephyr shook the hold of confusion from his head before jogging to catch up to Ahsoka, his footsteps making a heavy metallic *clang* with each step'

"Wait, So I'm going to be getting a Lightsaber?" 'Zephyr signed in confusion as he caught up to Ahsoka'

"Of course you are, you ARE a Jedi right?" 'Ahsoka stated with a chuckle, sitting down in one of the seats aboard the shuttle'

"Gather your own crystal you must. Call to you it will" 'The grandmaster explained, causing Zephyr to jump, looking to the old Jedi'

'He had sat down across from Ahsoka and Zephyr, though neither of them seemed to have sensed him previously'

"How so?" 'Zephyr signed in confusion as the shuttle shuddered. Having begun to lift off'

"You wont know until it happens. Each crystal chooses it's wielder through their connection to the force" 'Ahsoka explained as she took one of her two lightsabers off of her hip, handing it to Zephyr'

'Zephyr cautiously held the hilt in his hand, as if he were debating on igniting the blade of the lightsaber'

'After a moment of silence Zephyr handed Ahsoka her lightsaber back, earning a look of curiosity from the Togruta'

"I wouldn't feel right igniting it. If these specific crystals chose you....then it should be you to use them" 'Zephyr signed softly, earning a small smile from Ahsoka'

"That's not exactly what I meant. But I appreciate the sentiment" 'Ahsoka remarked with a small laugh'

'The grandmaster let out a small chuckle, watching the scene in front of him'

"Wise you are for your age. Stronger the blade of a lightsaber is when wielded by it's chosen individual" 'Yoda explained in agreement, seeming to catch Ahsoka slightly by surprise'

*To Be Continued*