Chapter Two: Trials And Crystals

'Zephyr was stood inside of the large ice temple on Ilum. Though he hardly seemed to be effected by the cold'

'Ahsoka was still wearing her parka with her hood up, waiting next to Zephyr in front of the large ice doorway that lead deeper into the caverns'

"I'm not so sure about this..." 'Zephyr signed to Ahsoka hesitantly'

"I know It can be a little intimidating, but there's nothing in these caverns that could hurt you. Just watch where you're going, and you'll be fine," 'Ahsoka explained reassuringly'

"Now figure out how to gain entry you must." 'The grandmaster stated bluntly, intruding on the surprisingly tender moment'

'Ahsoka looked to the grandmaster in confusion. Glancing up to the large crystal that was suspended in the air'

'The grandmaster shook his head slightly before returning his attention to Zephyr'

'Zephyr looked at the frozen waterfall and the caverns behind it. Hesitantly placing right his hand on the icy surface'

'After a moment of focusing the silence in the temple was cut by the sound of the ice cracking. A small web of cracks having begun to form from Zephyr's hand'

'Ahsoka closed her eyes as the lower half of the frozen waterfall shattered with a small explosion of ice shards'

'The Togruta let out a shudder as a cold breeze blew in from the freshly opened caverns. A small opening having been made in the ice'

'Zephyr shuddered as he felt a wave of force energy wash over him. The plating along his arms standing up ever so slightly in response'

'Before either Ahsoka or the grandmaster could interfere, Zephyr began walking forward. Briefly being splashed by the water that had begun to fall from above'

"Should I go with him?" 'Ahsoka asked cautiously, earning dismissive a shake of the grandmaster's head'

"Journey alone he must. Interfere we if in danger he is" 'The grandmaster stated with what sounded like apprehension in his voice'

'Ahsoka gave the older Jedi an unsure glance. For once she could sense something coming from the grandmaster. He felt uneasy, it certainly didn't help ease her own nerves'

'Zephyr quickly found himself out of earshot of both the grandmaster and Ahsoka, the sounds of his footsteps echoing through the caves'

'As he ventured into the depths of the ice caverns Zephyr's eyes began to glow a brighter yellow color, illuminating the path in front of him'

'He was doing as he had previously been instructed too, he was following his instinct and the will of the force, though he was still uncertain about what "The will of the force" was'

'After walking a little further Zephyr found himself at a dead end. Placing his hand on the ice wall in front of him the cybernetic Padawan froze'

'After a moment more he turned around, the path he had come from seemed to have vanish. Before huis confusion could grow further Zephyr stumbled forwards. A sudden lack of support causing him to fall'