16 - Teenage Dirtbag, Baby

It was the jarring cheering around Cedric after the episode of every student possible cussing out Harry Potter for putting his name into the Goblet of Fire that made Chantal fired again.

When the four champions and the professors returned to the Great Hall, many students surrounded Cedric and kept cheering him on until he disappeared. Chantal had barely gotten a good view of him when she felt a tap on her shoulder.

''You looking for him?'' Nathaniel asked, pulling Chantal lightly back from the crowd.

''Hi, yes,'' Chantal answered and smiled.

''He went outside. I saw him leave just a second ago,'' Nathaniel told her.

''Thanks!'' Chantal said. ''I'll go catch up with him then. Seems like everyone wants a hold of him,''

Chantal gave Nathaniel another smile before turning around to enter the Entrance Courtyard.

''Congratulate him from me, okay?'' Nathaniel asked her.

Chantal nodded and saw Nathaniel return to his friends. Some of them smirked, some laughed, but Nathaniel turned to walk up to the Grand Staircase. The girl wondered for a bit why Nathaniel had kept an eye out for Cedric, but figured that everyone probably had.

Some students, or at least the ones who did not care too much about the champions, as few as they were, sat on the benches. Chantal did not walk up to them to ask where Cedric had gone, although it would have been easy, since everyone was familiar with the boy's name. She simply stood in the middle of the courtyard, stared at the sky, and closed her eyes. She listened carefully to the footsteps approaching her. She felt his warmth when he put both of his arms around her waist. She felt him place his soft lips on her already cold cheek. She only opened her eyes when she turned around. She lovingly kissed Cedric.

''Hey there, champion,'' she said.

''Evening...'' Cedric replied.

''I didn't get to fully congratulate you before you disappeared here,'' Chantal stated.

''I knew you'd be looking for me,'' Cedric smirked back.

''Oh, but what if I hadn't asked Nathaniel if he had seen you, then maybe I wouldn't be standing here with you,'' Chantal teased Cedric.

Cedric bit his lip and Chantal noticed that the tease had gotten to him.

''Just kidding, Ced... he approached me,'' Chantal apologized with a slight smile on her face and reached to kiss Cedric again. ''Nathaniel told me where you had gone.''