63 - The Slickest Quidditch Player

The chattering of students emerged in Chantal's ears as she walked down the Grand Staircase to get to the Dungeons with the rest of the Slytherins. Victoria and Gerald, although somewhat guiding the first-years, were relaxed, as the job of walking in front of everyone had been given to the fifth-year Prefects.

''It feels like we should be celebrating that we're back,'' Chantal said, as the familiar view of the Dungeons came to her eyes.

They turned left into a corridor.

''Yeah but everyone's so stressed and weird,'' Gerald replied. ''Dumbledore said that some parts of the castle will be locked, only allowing a few ways to get to the castle.''

''That'll be a good excuse for when I'm late,''

The three walked into the Slytherin Common Room. It seemed that nothing had changed whatsoever.

''Today's plans?'' Chantal asked, looking around and then back at Victoria and Gerald. ''ooh, I wonder what Nate's up to know!''

After a while of talking with the other Slytherins in the Girls' Dormitory as they unpacked, Chantal and Victoria found themselves alone in the room.

''Do you feel like you belonged better in the other Common Room?'' Victoria whispered.

''No way,'' Chantal replied and chuckled. ''I loved it a lot. It really felt like the only truly safe place at Hogwarts last year for me... but I love this place way too much.''

''Good to know,'' Victoria smiled. ''but what about Manuel and Stephen?''

''Before you ask, no, I never saw them fully naked,''

''THAT'S NOT WHAT I WAS GOING TO ASK!''

''Well-'' Chantal burst out laughing.

''WELL NOTHING-'' Victoria screamed, laughing. ''I was going to ask whether you're scared that you won't be spending that much time together anymore.''

''Of course,'' Chantal replied, lowering her voice. ''that was the case with you guys for a while but we made it work, even with Umbridge's weird rules.''

''True,''

''Plus, with her gone, I'm sure that Slughorn won't be the one to cause such mayhem here,'' Chantal explained. ''let's see what Harry or Draco will be up to now.''

As the first class of the morning began, Chantal found herself weirded out, recognizing all the people from last year's D.A. meetings but not knowing how to talk to them. After all, only a few of them knew that she had been with them.

''Nothing's like that anymore,'' Dina assured her.

Chantal had just come back from Potions.

''So don't worry,'' Dina added. ''some know it was you, some don't. Kind of makes it interesting.''

''I guess so,'' Chantal smirked.

They walked through the sunny Middle Courtyard.

''What does feel better is that no one is really staring at me as they did,'' Chantal joked. ''no one really gives a shit that I was gone for a year. Well, some do...''

The two sat down on the grass and looked around.

''Is anyone suspicious of you and Karla?''

''Not really. I think everyone saw that we were friends already last year,'' Dina explained. ''how was Potions? You gave Victoria a run for her money?''

''Not as well as Sebastian,'' Chantal smiled awkwardly. ''I wish- I wish he had left me some of his powers... but then again, I'm happy he didn't. I don't want that part of me... with me anymore.''