24 - Christmas at Hogwarts

Despite not updating yesterday, I'll try to get back on the regular updates! I hope you enjoy! :) COPPER BOOM! ❀

Since the Yule Ball had taken place on Christmas, students spent the  holidays at Hogwarts, only receiving packages and letters from their  families

Since the Yule Ball had taken place on Christmas, students spent the holidays at Hogwarts, only receiving packages and letters from their families. Like most people, Chantal and her friends had prepared gifts for each other.

The group of friends had arranged to celebrate Christmas at the Great Hall and later at the Astronomy Tower. However, Cedric had wanted to give Chantal her gift in private, as the girl told Victoria.

The girls didn't ponder all too long before Chantal was already out of the Slytherin Common Room. Thankfully, she didn't run into the one person she loathed the most.

''Ahh, you're making me blush in that adorable skirt,'' Cedric said, greeting her and kissing her.

Indeed, Chantal looked much more like a Gryffindor now, wearing the reddest jumper and a plaid red skirt. Of course, she hadn't forgotten her winter coat.

''Thank you,'' she replied. ''it's always a pleasure to see you in regular clothes as well...''

Cedric and Chantal began walking down the Wooden Bridge just as they had on their first date. However, this time, the two were feeling much more comfortable with each other.

''So how is it that I end this term with amazing grades and am going out with the most wonderful girl to exist?'' Cedric said, to which Chantal could only squeeze herself in his arms.

''I can say the same thing... well, almost. Not perfect grades,'' she laughed.

''I'll help you ace your O.W.L.s., okay?''

''Aww...'' Chantal cheered happily. ''and then we can go on a holiday and meet up in the summer?''

''Absolutely. I only have to win the Tournament!'' Cedric said in a cocky manner.

Of course, he was sarcastic. Cedric still hadn't figured out how to deal with the egg.

''How many times have you tried smashing it?''

''About three. I think if I try again, it'll break and that'll be the end for me,'' he laughed.

It wasn't anymore about them enjoying the day after Christmas, but the fact that they felt truly at peace. Chantal felt safe around him, knowing that not even Draco Malfoy could ruin her mood. They walked on the Hogwarts Grounds, heading for the Black Lake.

They stood in silence, observing the magnificent view. Despite it being quite cold, some parts of the lake remained unfrozen.

''Imagine if they make you go in there!'' Chantal joked.

''I'm not a bad swimmer... but I'd be more afraid of what's in- CHANTAL!''

''Huh?''

''I haven't tried wetting it! At all!''