49 - A Different 'Yule Ball' Situation

Sebastian, just like the whole school, attended the big  Gryffindor-Slytherin game that finally took place

Sebastian, just like the whole school, attended the big Gryffindor-Slytherin game that finally took place. With every team needing their time to practice, the DA meetings were almost impossible to schedule. Nevertheless, they knew they'd get the regular schedule back soon.

Everyone feared Umbridge, Sebastian, of course, also about Malfoy. They had consulted about messaging each other and timing their meetings beforehand. Besides, they knew that with Victoria and Gerald joining the DA, it looked suspicious that all of a sudden, two Slytherin students were seen talking with students from other Houses regularly. Hermione had come up with an idea.

''You see the numerals around the edge of the coins?'' Hermione asked, holding a coin as an example.

It was their fourth meeting.

'On real Galleons that's just a serial number referring to the goblin who cast the coin. On these fake coins, though, the numbers will change to reflect the time and date of the next meeting. The coins will grow hot when the date changes, so if you're carrying them in a pocket you'll be able to feel them. We take one each, and when Harry sets the date of the next meeting he'll change the numbers on his coin, and because I've put a Protean Charm on them, they'll all change to mimic his,'' she explained.

Some, of course, wondered how Hermione had come across such a spell, considering that it was a N.E.W.T. spell to learn. While Hermione explained, Sebastian kept eyeing Nathaniel, seeing if he recognized the spell as well. It appeared that he did.

Keeping the Galleon close to him, Sebastian made his way to the Quidditch stadium. He was excited for the match, as he didn't need to play himself and because the last Quidditch Cup had not been held for two years.

''You can sit next to me if you like,'' Sebastian offered the seat next to him, as he noticed Nathaniel come upstairs on the Quidditch stand.

''Thanks,'' Nathaniel replied and took the seat. ''where's Ernest?''

He asked, looking around.

''He had to sit with the Gryffindors. They have some cheers to practice...''

''I heard the Slytherins practicing their own. Kind of pathetic,''

''Ahh, they've got spirit!''

''Their cheer is dissing the hell out of Weasley,''

''Oh...''

Sebastian sighed, remembering how nasty Slytherin played and the fact that Draco was on the team.

''Well, anyway,'' Sebastian continued quietly, watching the stands fill with more people.

He felt Nathaniel get closer to him. He kept his breathing steady.

''I know you told me that you wanted to talk about it. It's been... days? Is everything all right?'' Nathaniel whispered.

Dina shot Sebastian a look, having heard him.