67 - Trust the Slytherins to Throw a Party

''You know, I'm glad I don't have to be concerned with picking out a date for the Sluggy Christmas thing,'' Manuel smirked as he opened the Great Hall doors. Chantal glanced around the room and then back at him.

''We have bigger matters at hand,'' she replied and smiled, turning to the Slytherin table.

Stephen waved goodbye to her and the two boys joined Dina at the Ravenclaw table. Chantal, still keeping her eye on Manuel, sat next to Victoria and Gerald.

''So... how's the mood today?'' Gerald asked, biting into his toast.

''Good. I'm excited about the game actually,'' Chantal replied and turned her head, noticing that Victoria was scribbling something down on parchment. She titled her head to see what her friend was writing down. ''Sprout's work?''

''Yeah. I was so preoccupied with the extra credit stuff she gave me,'' Victoria began. Chantal gave a quick glance at Gerald who nodded in full support. ''that I forgot to finish the homework for Monday.''

''Okay, but we have Sunday to worry about that,''

''No... Sunday is for homework that's for Thursday and Friday,'' Victoria explained.

''I thought the method was that Sunday is for extra credit stuff,''

''I get so much extra credit work done that I've upgraded the system,'' Victoria said, finally looking up at Chantal.

Chantal nodded and patted her friend's back in full support of her methods.

As the group ate breakfast, they watched as the Gryffindor team slowly entered the Great Hall. Ron seemed dreadful, entering last. Harry, on the other hand, looked awfully cheerful, even chatting with Hermione and the others with full energy.

While the Gryffindor Quidditch Keeper was walking down the tables, some awful cheers were coming from Chantal's table.

''Ron, you're a loser!'' someone nearby Chantal shouted.

Seeing Ron's upset look, Chantal turned to the side where the guy's voice had come from.

''Can you shut it?'' her voice didn't tremble one bit.

The voices didn't shout at Ron anymore but only kept their whispers among themselves. Chantal continued to eat, looking over at where Harry and Ron were sitting. Harry shot her a welcoming smile and she nodded.

Soon, the two of them were in front of her in the field, flying on their brooms and wearing deep scarlet and gold colors. The weather was particularly grey that morning so it was easy to recognize everyone on the field, even from afar.

''Have you got a thing for Harry?'' Nell whispered.