23 - Mr. Brightside

''Enjoying the Ball, Diggory?'' Draco Malfoy asked, leaning against the Great Hall doors

Cedric had been waiting in the Entrance Hall for Chantal, however, soon he was accompanied by Draco.

''Go away, Draco. I don't want to deal with you today,'' Cedric said, turning his head to him quickly.

''Are you looking for Miss Sparrow?''

''Don't be an ass and leave me alone,''

''Now, tell me why is that she dances with you countless times tonight, but doesn't want to when I ask her?'' Draco asked, staying still in his position.

''Chantal doesn't hate you... but neither does she respect you after all you've done...''

''But she still danced with me...''

Cedric laughed, turning around and faced Draco.

''What's with you? What are you trying to prove to me?'' Cedric asked, walking closer to him. He began speaking calmly but carried on in a wittier tone. ''she is not interested, and I'm sure neither are you. Ahh, if you had wanted to ask her to the Ball, you wouldn't even have the balls. However, if your father managed to buy a pair and you'd do it, she still wouldn't go with you!''

Draco stood in silence.

''So please save your bratty comments for someone else... I don't need to hear something like that from you,'' Cedric said.

''You don't want to hear the truth?'' Draco asked.

''The truth? Just shut it-''

''No... actually... Chantal and I already danced,'' Draco began to explain. ''not tonight, of course, when she's all dressed up in that short pink dress and her-''

''Please, shut up. I don't want to hear this from you...''

''I really wonder why she hasn't said anything to you about our dance,'' Draco continued to talk. ''the practice, you know? I asked her to be my partner and she agreed. There were still many options left around, Cedric.''

Draco emphasized Cedric's name, beginning to smirk.

''You see, you think she's all over you, but where is she now? Hasn't it been about ten minutes?''

''Are you seriously watching us?"

''Is that really what's on your mind right now?''

''Just-''

''If I were you... well, thank God I'm not, I'd watch my back...''

Cedric watched Draco slowly disappear back into the Yule Ball as a new song began to play. He rubbed his forehead, not wanting to intrude Chantal's alone time, but his knees began to burn and he moved faster than he could comprehend.