8 - Six Minutes in a Broom Cupboard

Chantal gave Cedric another glare before starting to walk down the stairs. They had only stood for seconds before deciding to move along.

Although the portraits and paintings on the walls of the Grand Staircase were sleeping, some still managed to shout something nasty, as Chantal and Cedric walked giggling and softly leaning against the walls to stop and look at each other.

Chantal's feet were starting to hurt from the tight white boots she had worn all evening. Although the pair was gorgeous, she rarely wore them because of the pain they caused after long wear.

However, they were approaching the first-floor platform when Cedric saw the door of the third-floor platform open, the one they had left minutes ago.

''Quick,'' Cedric said, grabbing on Chantal's hand once again.

Even with her feet hurting, they managed to run down to the Entrance Hall in less than a minute. Chantal wondered if it was wise to run outside or head down to the Dungeons and leave Cedric to go to the Hufflepuff Common Room.

''Here. Let's hide,'' she pointed to the broom cupboard by the Entrance Hall with her head.

Without even thinking, Cedric agreed and they were out of sight in no time.

Chantal slightly opened the cupboard door, watching, as all the students were out of the corridor by McGonagall and Flitwick. Suddenly, Cedric closed the door and Chantal shot a questioning look.

''Snape,'' he quietly uttered.

Chantal nodded, listening closely.

''Sprout too,'' she added, hearing the professors talk about the party.

The Herbology professor ordered the Hufflepuff students to follow her. As the students were headed in the direction of the Kitchens, Cedric slightly opened the door to see his friends.

Ernest was walking as one of the last people in the bunch, sort of looking around. Even though he had seen Cedric leave after Chantal, Dina, and Victoria, he wondered where they had gone.

When Cedric noticed his best friend, he started waving his hand vigorously.

''Mate,'' he whispered at Ernest. ''Ernest!''

Thankfully, Sprout had not noticed Cedric's waving or heard his whispering, however, Ernest had. Even though he wanted to leave the group to see Cedric, Ernest stayed away, getting the idea that Chantal was also with his friend. Ernest simply winked, shrugged, and waved goodbye before disappeared.

 Ernest simply winked, shrugged, and waved goodbye before disappeared