52 - Merry Crisis/Christmas at Hogwarts II

Hi, Manuel

Hi, Manuel

I would have sent this to you earlier but there have been problems with the owl post. My own letters have taken way longer to arrive. I think something might be going on with that.

Anyway, I'm saying sorry because we're going to spend Christmas a bit differently this year. Bear with me, I would have sent the letter to you earlier.

Jackie wrote to me saying that she wants to come over this year. Her daughter will too. No staying over or anything, just a regular dinner. Billie will come too.

We'll have a few days to ourselves. There's things we need to talk about that concern all of us but keep a good mood for now.

Say hello to Stephen from me too, please.

Don't need to write back, ass, because we'll see each other soon,

Ben

Manuel folded the letter and put it back in the envelope. He gave Stephen a sigh, giving the letter to him.

''What's so dangerous that's going on? She hasn't visited in a while,'' Stephen said, having finished reading.

''It's probably all somehow connected to Umbridge and the Ministry. I don't want to think about it. I don't mind Jacqueline visiting... it's just that... Victoria and I don't talk usually and I know she remembers... I know! But you'd think we'd be better friends,''

''You used to be somewhat friendly. It's just that she met Chantal and Dina,''

''Whatever. It might be a bit awkward to see each other at dinner again,''

''I wish I'd go. I could have that Chess match with her,'' Stephen chuckled.

''You go then and meet my distant relative that's not a relative at all but we ACT like distant relatives...'' Manuel replied.

Manuel went back to folding his clothes and putting them in his trunk, as the Christmas holidays grew closer. They would leave very soon, and just like everyone, Sebastian had things to worry about.

The six friends sat at their most favorite place of all - the crawlspace behind the wall on the sixth-floor corridor. They had shared several wine bottles during evening nights. The sneaking process of getting there had been one of their favorite aspects of the secret place.

Their trunks packed, they spend the last evening before going back together.

''I should get you skates now. Can't rollerskate in snow,'' Ernest joked at Dina.

''How good have you become?'' Sebastian wondered.

''Decent,'' Dina replied. ''Ernest and I did a lot of riding around during summer but I haven't been able to practice now. I'll annoy mum when I get home and ride around the home.''