18 - Mr. Punchable Face

Well, well, well. By a reader's demand - chapter 18 is here on Friday! Hope you all enjoy it! COPPER BOOM! ❀

''Good, good,'' Draco said, already heading towards the closet, with hands in his pockets.

Chantal heard a couple of people gasp, but mostly she saw eyes staring her up and down. She tried not to look directly at anyone. Although her friends had agreed on making an escape, Chantal couldn't get a normal reaction out of her. However, she knew that she wasn't going to go into the closet with Draco. She would never hurt Cedric like that.

''I'm not going anywhere,'' she said seriously, looking at Draco and then to Cedric.

''That's not how the game works...'' someone shouted.

''You have to go!'' a voice yelled almost instantly.

''No, no. She has to go... let's see how Cedric likes that,'' another voice said, but more quietly.

''Yeah, you have to go... I'll take good care of you,'' Draco agreed, nodding his head and tiling it to one side. He took a step towards Chantal, smiling viciously and reaching his hand out to her.

Before the girl could take a step back, shaking her head, Cedric was in front of her view of Draco.

''Malfoy, not going to happen...'' Cedric said, already taking Chantal's hand. ''there's no need to ruin this party by being a dick.''

''I'm not... I'm just saying that I could make her happier during those seven minutes than you in that month you've been dating,'' Draco replied.

Chantal saw a glimpse of Ernest getting on his feet and turned her head back to Malfoy. Not letting go of Cedric's hand, she faced Malfoy.

''You don't even like me... you're just trying to mess things up and try to prove you're better. I don't understand? You never showed any interest other than prancing our the Common Room and making hateful comments towards me and my family,'' Chantal finally spoke.

Draco didn't respond.

''I think it's time for you to leave,'' Cedric said, looking directly at Draco.