32 - Honey, You've Got a Big Storm Coming

Chantal's eyes opened at the sight of the ceiling of the Hospital Wing. She stayed in the same sleeping position for a while until Victoria, who had sat beside her, noticed it.

''Hey,'' Chantal quietly whispered.

Victoria smiled and sat up straighter.

''How do you feel?'' she asked.

''Okay. How long have I been out?''

''A bit more than six hours,''

''God...''

''Chan, it's all right,''

''I'm so sorry... I-''

Chantal sat up in the bed. She looked under the covers. She had been changed into her regular clothes instead of the green dress.

''Are you here alone?'' she asked.

''Everyone else is outside,'' Victoria replied. ''Should I call them in?''

''Not yet...''

Chantal rubbed her eyes, noticing Victoria's watch. She felt a sudden panic attack her.

''The train! Did we miss it?'' she spoke.

''No, we didn't. Uhh,'' Victoria muttered. ''it was delayed...''

''Because of me?''

Victoria nodded and Chantal's mouth opened.

''I am... so sorry,'' she apologized again.

''Chan... it's not about that. We were scared, so scared about you. I don't want to blame you for what you did but it was ruthless... we were all-'' Victoria tried to say but the door opened.

Nathaniel walked inside, heading straight to Chantal's bed. He placed a bar of chocolate on the stand and sat on the bed. Chantal observed him.

''Morning,'' he said.

Chantal chuckled but she couldn't force herself to speak anymore.

''We were really scared for you...'' Nathaniel spoke again. ''I won't go into detail. I'm just glad to see you here. Awake.''

Chantal looked around to see if the vial of the Sleeping Draught, but they must have confiscated it. In fact, the worry of Snape punishing her for stealing from him scared her.

''Is everyone else outside? Waiting for me?'' Chantal asked.

''The train was delayed and the parents have already been informed. Dumbledore said that we'll leave when you'll wake up,'' Nathaniel replied.

Victoria broke into tears.

''Hey! Vic...'' Chantal suddenly said, surprised by her friend's tears.

''Chan, I understand how- I just can't believe you would- Why on Earth did you think it was a good idea to try to go like that?'' Victoria asked, muttering. ''When I realized what you had done, I couldn't move. I couldn't imagine that you would do that...''

''I just couldn't deal with it anymore...''

''There is always a way to figure things out, we can do all of that together, you have your family and us! I just- I don't understand how you could think that was okay!''

Nathaniel stood up and walked over to Victoria. He whispered something to her and Victoria sighed. She wiped her tears, looking at Chantal.

''I'm sorry,'' she said. ''I couldn't lose you. Do you understand? I was scared out of my mind. You can't blame me for being so worried but I'm sorry for yelling at you...''