62 - With or Without You

The end of August had come and as much as everyone was preparing to go back to Hogwarts, Chantal's mind was preoccupied with something else.

While Chantal and Nathaniel were spending a whole week together, gathering stories she could tell to her parents and friends, they contacted the group, suggesting a big get-together party at Chantal's place. Everyone had agreed.

''Vic and Gerald will arrive in about forty minutes, so I'll go and welcome them a bit in a while. I still have to get ready,'' Chantal explained to her parents.

The two of them were going to leave for the night, letting Chantal and her friends celebrate the end of summer.

''All right, ahh, I just feel like I-'' Chantal's mother worried, starting to step away from the door.

''Just don't set the house on fire and we'll be fine,'' Chantal's father said, patting Chantal on the shoulder.

Chantal rolled her eyes, shooing them away.

''I've got to fix my hair and set the music already! We'll be fine and- well, you to enjoy your date,'' Chantal said, ending the sentence warmly.

Chantal watched as her parents apparated in the garden, leaving her alone in the house. She quickly ran upstairs, continuing to get ready.

The sun was soon to set and the beautiful music played through the house. Dina had gifted Chantal a proper muggle radio with several CDs for her seventeenth birthday.

When Victoria and Gerald arrived, they tried not to open a bottle of wine and begin the party. Chantal had wanted to relax with all of her friends together the whole summer.

''So, have you decided on the subjects?'' Victoria asked as we walked inside my room.

''Call me crazy... but I want to do take Potions again,'' Chantal replied, clenching her teeth. ''I know Snape will probably not even accept me but I'd like to try.''

''Will you be able to catch up?''

''Woah, woah, Vic,'' Gerald interrupted, chuckling. ''let's not get competitive yet! We all know she kicked your ass in Potions last year.''

''It was Sebastian, not me,'' Chantal laughed. ''but, I don't know- I just want to try again.''

Victoria nodded.

''Potions is important for many professions. I'll be glad to help,'' she said, smiling. ''and yes... it was Sebastian. Do you think he left any knowledge?''

''Maybe...'' Chantal replied. ''I don't really feel anything. I don't connect myself to him anymore. It's like I was him for a year and not anymore...''

''Do you miss it?'' Gerald asked.

''Kind of?'' Chantal wondered. ''I suppose I miss being a guy sometimes.''

Everyone laughed.

''But I know I'll miss the Ravenclaw Common Room, maybe some of the people there... seeing Malfoy this year doesn't sound pleasant,'' Chantal continued. ''Nate and Ernest will be gone too... I don't know how we'll do.''

''We'll be out soon too... we all know how things are going,'' Victoria reminded. ''things have been stirring up in the Muggle world too. My mum says things will not end well.''

''So let's party before any of that happens,'' Gerald said.

Music blasted through the house and they brought the radio with them when they went outside. Nathaniel had brought alcohol, as well as Ernest. The two had arrived together. Dina arrived last, instantly wrapping around Chantal and Victoria.