34 - Who Says You Can't Go Home

''Oh, honey, please tell him to come back inside

''Oh, honey, please tell him to come back inside. The potatoes are almost done,'' the woman spoke but Sebastian remained still. ''was the nap too long?''

Sebastian coughed, noticing a hint of an American accent in her voice.

''Yeah, uhh-'' he said, surprised at the tone and accent of his own voice. Despite having spoken in a different voice all his life, he couldn't control his accent at all. ''something like that...''

''Well, you go find your father- oh, he's already here!'' the woman said.

Sebastian heard a door open. He figured it was the same door he had seen previously at the entrance. A man walked inside, smiling.

''I had to stop and check on you. The smell came into the garden!'' he said, giving the woman a kiss. The woman shook her head, saying that no way the scent could have reached him. The two kissed again and the man looked inside the oven. He smiled but the woman shooed him away from the stove, slapping his back lightly.

He turned to Sebastian who seemed to put things together finally.

''I should have banged the nails harder into the wood to wake you up clearly!'' the man laughed, looking at Sebastian who did not lay his eyes off the man.

The two strangers spoke to Sebastian in the same accent, Sebastian noticed some similarities between them and himself. Although Sebastian knew nothing of them, he would have been a complete idiot not to understand the situation.

''Ten minutes maximum. You go finish it and I'll inspect how well you've done later,'' the woman spoke again.

''Right,'' the man replied, making a grimace and nodding at Sebastian afterward.

He walked outside, indicating that Sebastian should do the same. Sebastian followed the man through the staircase, understanding that they were in an apartment building. The two didn't say anything and Sebastian was thankful, as hearing his voice had been scary.

They reached the first floor but turned to the opposite door, which led inside the back garden, although Sebastian wanted to explore the town outside very much. They stepped inside a snug garden that had flower pots chaotically stacked, some with, some without flowers. There was a small fountain and a bench close to it. There were two fruit trees but Sebastian stood too far to recognize them.

The man led him to a small table that was yet to be put together.

''While you were taking your third nap of the day, I tried fixing this together, but the instruction is... somewhat unclear,'' the man said.

''Can't we use... you know?'' Sebastian asked but cut himself off, beginning to wonder whether the place and time where he was, knew about magic.

''No. Your mom told me to 'start using my hands' and do it myself, especially since now we're living between muggles,'' the man replied, chuckling. ''so I thought I could use your brain on this!''