28 - The Calm Before the Storm

Chantal hadn't noticed that June was coming to an end. The warm months of spring had been spent studying with Cedric and Victoria, occasionally with Nathaniel. As it goes, the fifth-years took their exams all throughout June and it so happened that the last exam - Potions - had been done with that day. Besides all that, it was four days before the Third Task in the Triwizard Tournament.

Chantal wasn't too sure how well she had done, but coming out of the Potions classroom, leaving Snape behind for a good while felt great.

''And... we're fucking done!'' Dina shouted, stretching out in the Dungeons corridor.

''Kind of hell... not going to lie,'' Victoria said. ''not enough time, clearly.''

''I don't even want to think about that shit right now. I'm done. When was the exam again?'' Dina joked.

Chantal felt like hugging Cedric after the tiring exam and, as they had planned, waited for him in the Middle Courtyard. Victoria and Dina went off to have lunch, but Chantal didn't mind staying behind and relaxing in the warm sun.

''I see someone smiling in the sun...'' Nathaniel greeted her behind the bushes.

It kind of scared Chantal.

''Oh, I am!'' she proudly said after seeing that it was Nathaniel.

''How are you going to celebrate?''

''I was thinking the same thing... Uhh, probably just get some friends, nothing too big. We could invite all the fifth-years, see if they want to come, of course,''

''They probably will. On my way here, I heard some bad words against Snape for not giving enough time,''

''Yeah,''

''Well, if I'm invited-''

''Naturally...''

''I'll be there,''

''You'll also sit here behind the bushes?''

''I just wanted to scare you,''

''You definitely did...''

They laughed together and Nathaniel headed off to the Library to return some of the books he had borrowed recently. Meanwhile, Chantal sat on the warm bench, waiting for Cedric.

''Surprise!'' Cedric practically shouted, scaring Chantal again.

''ASS, CED, STOP-'' she choked on her words. ''EVERYONE'S TRYING TO SCARE ME TODAY!''

''Snape with the exam?''

''No, Nate scared me earlier. Although, the exam was hard too,''

''Do you think you did all right? Will you exceed your own-''

''DON'T START, Ced-''

''Either way,'' Cedric said happily and jumped next to her. He gave a quick kiss on her lips. ''it's all done and now you can focus on something else. Me.''

''Ahh, so I don't need to start stressing about the exam grades?''

Cedric shook his head.

''Not like I would anyway,'' Chantal replied. ''and my focus is on you now...''

''I was thinking of a party... I know I had one last year when I finished my O.W.L.s,''

''What is it with you and Nate today? Both try to scare me and then both try to invite me to a party,'' Chantal laughed.

''How about that, huh?'' Cedric thought to himself. ''brother from a different mother...''

Chantal thought about the resemblance for a second and laughed to herself.