Starlight » No. 7

Before the Herbology class, very early in the morning, Avery found  herself cornered by Ben

Before the Herbology class, very early in the morning, Avery found herself cornered by Ben. They stood in the Viaduct Entrance, hiding among some of the bookshelves.

Since Ben's horrible dreams and feeling of his head pumping with different feelings he couldn't explain, he knew he finally had to speak to someone.

''Okay, so, I'm going to put it to you simply because I've had enough,'' Ben said strictly. ''and ask anything after I've said it, okay?''

Avery nodded, feeling the seriousness of the situation. Ben rubbed his nose, looking around before speaking.

''I'm pretty sure I'm a Legilimens,'' he said and paused for a bit, watching Avery's mouth open as a response. ''at least that's the closest that I've come to it.''

Ben continued speaking only after seeing the several students in the room pass by.

''I can't read minds... but I'm- I'm like really good with feelings now. So much that it scares me, okay? I can pretty much read whatever is going on in a person's... mind? But, like, related to emotions...'' he continued explaining.

''That is so cool...''

''Yeah, cool, but also incredibly scary,'' Ben whispered back. ''I've got NO idea how to control it. Pretty much since the start of the term, for almost two months straight I've been able to understand how everyone, okay, almost everyone is feeling...''

''Almost everyone?''

''There's a few I can't crack...''

''Who?''

''Snape. Bradley as well. Dumbledore's a confusing one too...''

''Wow...'' Avery breathed. ''so what do we do? Do you want to find a cure or talk to someone?''

''I don't know. I mean, it's cool and all but I'm very confused. I have no control over this...''

''I'll look more into the Library and see if I can find anything on this. I'm sure you've looked all over as well but... I just want to help,''

Ben thanked Avery, hugging her quickly and saying how much better it was now that she knew. He then continued to ask about Bradley and Remus. Avery explained the situation as they walked to class.

When the class started and Professor Sprout announced that they'd be doing pair work, Avery sighed, not feeling any sort of excitement to talk to anyone else. All she wanted to do is be either with Ben or Bradley. However, yet another person full of worry was James.

He was analyzing the strange behavior of his two friends. Sirius and Ben had been really close since that term, but to James, it made no sense.

He watched as the two partners were observing and taking notes on the plant that James and Peter had to analyze as well.