22 - Beauty and the Beat

I WELCOME YOU TO THE YULE BALL WITH THIS CHAPTER! This has to be one of my favorite chapters so far and I hope you think the same! May I also recommend playing the song ''Magic Works'' by The Weird Sisters (Jarvis Cocker) in the background by clicking on the link when the lyrics appear in the story? Please let me know your thoughts and reactions in the comments! COPPER BOOM! ❀

Chantal witnessed all the Slytherin girls get changed into their dress robes, all while presenting their favorite dance moves. They could hear the noise in the Common Room get louder with every hour. Naturally, they had begun getting ready a while before everyone else.

''I still want to check on her before we get to the Great Hall,'' Victoria said while putting on lip gloss.

''I'm sure Dina knows how to put on a dress. Hers is not as complicated as yours, Vic,'' Chantal replied, still checking out her hair a couple of times in her mirror. ''and she already said that she'd get someone to help her with her makeup. She's not that bad anyway.''

''I know... I just want everyone to look amazing!'' Victoria announced, putting the lip gloss in her small bag. Chantal did the same, only packing the essentials with her. Besides, the Slytherin dorms were very close to the Great Hall, especially, if you knew the password to the secret portrait.

Despite Dina not wanting to agree to Victoria's idea about getting her dress sewn specially for her at first, the girl agreed and Victoria was more than delighted to see Dina standing in the beautiful gown. The dress truly complimented Dina's smile that immediately turned into an even bigger grin when she saw her friends.

''VICTORIA!'' Dina gasped, running towards her friend. ''and CHAN, what the hell is up?''

''Wow, you look like a real snack!'' Chantal replied to her friend's uplifting.

''Well, it's all the dress,'' Dina shrugged sarcastically, giving Victoria another hug. ''I just can't believe that I would look good in something like this!''

Dina had made her way to the Dungeons, waiting outside the Slytherin dormitory, so they could walk together

Dina had made her way to the Dungeons, waiting outside the Slytherin dormitory, so they could walk together. As Chantal understood and Victoria didn't believe - Dina was not get asked to the Yule Ball by the person she had wanted to.

The Entrance Hall, just like Chantal had expected, was packed with students and professors. Everyone was waiting for eight o'clock when the doors to the Great Hall would finally open. Everyone was meeting their partners, some deciding to take pictures and some to relax in a corner or against the wall.

Chantal smiled, seeing that people from all different Houses had made partners. She gazed around the beautifully decorated Entrance Hall, trying to spot Cedric. She knew that everyone's eyes would be on him, especially since he was a champion. Nevertheless, she squealed in excitement.

''Do you know which way he'll be coming from?'' she asked, looking around frantically. ''I want to make a big entrance!''

''Oh, okay! Ummm, it would make sense that-'' Victoria began.