Starlight » No. 6

Although the boys had planned on participating in the prank on Filch  on the night of Halloween, they sat together in the Gryffindor Common  Room, dreading their fate of sitting in the Defence Against the Dark  Arts classroom with Professor Crawfo...

Although the boys had planned on participating in the prank on Filch on the night of Halloween, they sat together in the Gryffindor Common Room, dreading their fate of sitting in the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom with Professor Crawford for detention the next evening.

''Has Ben talked to you about the prank?'' James asked, turning his head to Sirius.

''Why are you asking me?''

''Just thought you'd know,''

''Well, we need to talk to Ben... that's for sure,'' Sirius replied, shifting his eyes from James to Remus.

''Can we give him the map?'' Peter suggested.

''No way. I don't trust him that much with it,'' James replied.

Sirius sighed.

''I know... but we have to try to help him somehow, no?''

''What do you think, Moony?'' James asked.

''Hmm?''

James shook his head, smiling at Remus.

''Right... we're going to pretend you weren't just dozed off thinking about someone...''

''Not someone. Just some things,'' Remus corrected him.

''Right...'' James replied in a serious voice.

The boys continued to sit in silence, feeling the Gryffindor portrait open and close several times, as more people started to come back from their lessons and get ready to go to dinner.

''I think Avery should join the prank,'' Remus finally said, raising his head.

Sirius nodded.

''Yes. Of course, we bloody do,'' he added. ''Do you agree that we need her or should we, sorry, I go talk to Ben?''

James laughed.

''I'm sure you still will... regardless, is she good at that stuff?''

''She's a quick thinker for sure! I know her well and she- well, not sure about the pranks and the sneaking around,'' Remus replied.

Sirius and James exchanged looks and nodded.

''She'll do!'' James said excitedly. ''we're back in the game!''

''Uhhh, James... we need to convince her. No one says she'll participate,'' Sirius replied.

''Ahh... well, that's your job!'' James said in the same cheerful tone, turning to Remus.

Avery sat in the Middle Courtyard, watching the evening sky cover her. After dinner, after seeing Bradley again, she needed another minute before returning to the loud atmosphere of the Gryffindor Common Room. She needed a minute to think.

''Hi!'' a voice greeted her, following by another greeting.

Avery looked up, smiling, as she saw Sirius and James.