7 - I Think We Should Be Leaving Now

''You know...'' Cedric began, ''I'm sort of glad you didn't go into the closet with Kerry,''

'' Cedric began, ''I'm sort of glad you didn't go into the closet with Kerry,''

''Sort of?'' Chantal asked back after a short pause.

''Very...'' Cedric admitted.

''Well, I'm sort of too,'' she smiled flirtatiously. ''of course, it wasn't my fault. I feel really bad for Dina but I know she'll sleep it off.''

Cedric  took another step closer to her, and the pair eventually stood against  the window where the magnificent sky shined

Cedric took another step closer to her, and the pair eventually stood against the window where the magnificent sky shined. As they were so close, Chantal could smell the scent of alcohol, something different than the blue mix that she drank, as she wouldn't have been able not to distinguish that. She didn't, however, ask what he had drunk.

''Won't you be going back?'' she asked.

''Not really. Well, I didn't really feel like playing anyway,'' Cedric replied.

''Really?''

''Sort of lost the urge to play as soon as the one I wanted to go into the closet left...''

''Hmm...''

Slower than usual, Chantal felt Cedric's head move closer, but he wasn't leaning in for a kiss. Chantal resisted kissing him herself as she feared she'd mess anything up or hit her teeth against his. She waited and simply looked into his eyes.

''Did you want to play?'' Cedric asked after a long pause of glaring at each other.

''Sort of yes, sort of no...'' she answered.

Cedric grinned, understanding that the conversation had lead to a part he could kiss her. At least, he thought so. Nevertheless, he waited a few seconds to see her reaction after he put a piece of hair behind her ear.

Naturally, Chantal smiled. No one had ever done anything similar to her and it was hard to believe that she was truly standing with Cedric Diggory at a secret party. Her thoughts chaotically wondered if he was going to kiss her.

Cedric's eyes were glistening, at least from the viewpoint of Chantal. She watched as his head was slowly leaning towards her, still with the eyes open.