51 - Sunflower

''He went to the Clocktower Courtyard

''He went to the Clocktower Courtyard. It sucks to be him, though,'' the Prefect boy added. ''it's raining outside.''

''Thanks,'' Sebastian quickly replied, shrugging at his comment.

Sebastian and Victoria ran through the fourth-floor corridor, getting closer to the Clocktower.

''You're going to go alone?'' Victoria asked.

''Yeah. I've got to tell him as it is. I won't make any laps or try to guide him somewhere else,''

''Then... good luck, I suppose,''

Sebastian nodded and Victoria turned to run upstairs. She had her Prefect duties to worry about next. Sebastian wasted no time pondering about how he would start or even approach Nathaniel. He ran downstairs, hearing the thundering rain outside.

''They really make him go out there? That's nuts,'' he said out loud, walking in front of the Clocktower Courtyard.

The beautiful view of the Wooden Bridge made Sebastian breathe out slowly. He ran outside, being immediately soaked in the cold rain. His shoes weren't made for the wet melting snow under his feet either. The snow had begun to melt in the rain.

Sebastian ran around the fountain in the courtyard, noticing a figure somewhere in the bridge. Almost slipping, he stopped to run inside the bridge where the rain couldn't get him.

''Nate! Nate!'' he yelled and the figure turned around. ''it's Sebastian!''

Sebastian's steps sounded twice as loud on the wooden bridge as he sprinted towards Nathaniel.

''Sebastian? Why are you-'' Nathaniel asked.

''You're here... nice,'' Sebastian said, taking a breath.

''Why are you here? Is everything all right?'' Nathaniel asked in a concerned voice.

''Yes, well- no, all right. I told myself I'd keep it simple...''

Nathaniel didn't bother asking what Sebastian had meant as he just stood and looked at him. Sebastian observed Nathaniel's wet hair and soaked clothes, wondering why the boy had not used a spell or another pair of clothes. His mind was racing with ways to begin his sentence as the pouring rain kept tapping on the roof of the bridge.

''I'm sorry. I'm sorry that it took me so long... Nate, I'm sorry that I didn't tell you earlier,'' Sebastian spoke sharply. ''you deserved to know... after everything. You deserved to know that you were the one who saved me. In the Prefects' Bathroom. Nate, I am... Chantal. I am her. I'm sorry that I couldn't tell you earlier. I'm sorry that I put you through the pain of not knowing but I am... I am Chantal. I'm just-''

Sebastian felt his eyes water and his nose beginning to clog.

''I'm stuck like this and I'm afraid and... I'm so SO confused about everything that's going on... I just need you...''