40 - What is that? Who you fighting?

Hey! A bit of a shorter chapter today since I'm really anticipating a lot for the next one. I hope you're having a nice week! COPPER BOOM! ❀

The mornings were starting to get chillier as autumn was in full bloom. Sebastian shivered as he left the warm air of one of the Herbology Greenhouses.

The Charms homework that Flitwick had set for the class had been finished with the help of Manuel and Stephen. They walked together on the second-floor corridor, but as they reached the door leading outside into the Middle Courtyard, Sebastian stopped, being called.

He was really not in the mood to see Draco that morning.

''Morning, Draco,'' he said cheerfully.

''Hey! I-'' Draco began but gave a quick look to Sebastian's friends.

''We'll see you in Charms,'' Manuel said, already opening the door and not looking back.

Sebastian put his hands in his pockets, hoping to end the conversation with Draco soon. He hadn't slept well last night and still had lots of research to do with Dina later in the Library about the ring.

''So, we haven't gotten a chance to really hang out and get to know each other,'' Draco began. ''and I was thinking of inviting you to do so.''

''Ahh, sounds good, I'll have to check my schedule,'' Sebastian replied.

''Nice. I think we could do it sometime this week. Friday maybe?'' Draco asked.

''Sounds good, yeah. Who'd come?''

''Just some cool people, no worries. You're loved here,''

Sebastian smiled at Draco's comment.

''I have Charms now, so we'll talk later. Let me know about the time,''

''Of course,'' Draco replied and watched Sebastian open the door. ''and, uhh, don't mention it to anyone else. I don't want outsiders there.''

Sebastian nodded and hurried through the Middle Courtyard, heading out through another door that led to Charms and the Library. However, when Sebastian reached Dina it was too little time to start telling her about Draco and his invitation to a secret meeting. However, he sat next to Stephen, hoping to get his mind off Draco.

''Maybe he's working together with Umbridge...'' Dina suggested as they sat somewhere deep in the Library.

''I doubt that. He's only fifteen,''

Their lessons had already ended for today but Sebastian couldn't get the strange feeling of incompletion out of him.

''Okay, he's not. Let's say that,'' Dina said, walking over to Sebastian although no one was around the shelves. ''he's still been acting strange.''

''Hmmm, but remember Krum last year? He acted pretty much the same way,''

''Yeah, and we still don't know whether he was sent to spy on one of the World's best Quidditch players who happened to also be picked for the Triwizard Tournament!''

''Fair point,'' Sebastian replied. ''and I am being careful. I just think going to this thing is far more natural than denying it and making stupid excuses. Anyone from outside who didn't know that Draco was a pathetic excuse for a bully would love to hang out with him! So I have to be that person...''

Dina agreed and went back to search for more books on shifting bodies, however, they had been unsuccessful for a while.

''And I think we should do these hangouts more in the Common Room where he can't get...'' Sebastian added, coming closer again. ''it's normal that we all hang out when Manuel and Stephen are with us but for us to do it like last year - it's instantly suspicious.''