65 - Will You Stand Above Me?

Monday afternoon tired Chantal and the rest of her friends, as they moved from one class to another. Since the school year had already been going on for months, nothing seemed to excite them. However, Chantal had finally gotten her first Outstanding in Potions.

''I can't believe it!'' Dina commented as the three girls walked to Herbology. ''Slughorn's gonna love you even more!"'

''I hope not too much,'' Chantal laughed. ''we've still to have the first club meeting... sort of nervous how it'll be.''

''We'll tell you all about it,'' Victoria added, looking at Dina. ''I'm sorry you couldn't come...''

''Don't,'' Dina replied instantly, with a relaxed tone. ''I know I have nothing special to offer to Slughorn. I'm fine with that. Anyway, Manuel and I wondered when we should throw a party or something. It's almost November and we still haven't... a disgrace.''

The girls laughed but agreed. However, they were crammed with homework and the first real party they would have would be after the Gryffindor - Slytherin match during the first weekend of November.

'''Course! But I'm not gonna be in the Slytherin Common Room, celebrating your victory,'' Dina replied. ''but I suppose we'll have our own party soon too, right? The Ravenclaw - Hufflepuff game has got to be somewhat soon too.''

''I do agree that we should throw a regular party of sorts. It's been too long since we've crammed up a classroom and hid alcohol in our pockets,'' Chantal added.

When Mrs. Sprout started the class, Chantal and Dina paired up for a project during the lesson. As they made their observations and wrote down in their notes, Chantal leaned closer to Dina.

''Draco's been acting weird,''

''Weird? How?'' Dina whispered back, giving her friend a quick glance.

''I- I don't know whether that's his way of revenge or just making me feel creeped out but he's constantly staring, I mean, he rarely hangs out with Crabbe and Goyle too,'' Chantal whispered, taking pauses, not to let anyone around hear.

Dina waited before replying.

''Maybe he's scared now that a few people from the DA know that his parents were involved, there that night at the Ministry,''

''Good point,''

''But he doesn't look scared if I'm honest,''

''Hmm?''

''He looks a lot more suspicious... mysterious, but- I guess I'll observe him,''

Dina gave Chantal an unsure nod and continued working. Although the girls had been tired out by the day, they found themselves chattering away in the Great Hall while eating dinner.

Chantal observed as Dina was talking with Manuel and Stephen. She was glad how close the three had become since last year. Of course, Dina still talked to her other Ravenclaw friends but she was much closer to the two than the others.

Karla, although sitting alone at the Hufflepuff table, was talking to Mya, her friend. Chantal had grown to like the girl and even considered telling her about Sebastian and her parents.

Nearby Victoria and Gerald, sat Nell, who had grown a lot closer to Chantal over the few months. Chantal would not say but at some angles, Nell reminded her of Nathaniel, even some of her mannerisms were similar.

''You going to the Owlery later?'' Nell asked and Chantal nodded.

''Yeah, I'll send Nate the letter. You want me to send something for you?''