Starlight » No. 10 - All Hell Breaks Loose

Ben and Sirius had been practicing all morning, arriving at the pitch around 7:30 in the morning. They had visited James in the Hospital Wing before going there as well where he wished them luck.

Ben dismounted his broom, as the time for the practice had come to an end. They walked into the changing rooms where some of their teammates were already fully dressed and ready to play.

''How is everyone feeling this morning?'' Sirius asked as they walked in, putting our brooms aside.

''Nervous, a little out of touch to be honest,'' Alexis replied, shrugging.

''We're going to be fine, we're still strong!'' Sirius said.

Ben kept quiet but felt a few eyes shoot at me.

''I'm sure that Ben is going to try his best. I'm going to try my best too!'' Dorcas Meadowes said, comforting Ben.

They had agreed that letting Ben try to catch the snitch was a bad idea, so Dorcas was assigned that job, while Ben would be a chaser.

''I am. I'm not the best, and I'm certainly not as good as James, but I won't let you guys down,'' Ben said.

''How long is James going to be in the Hospital Wing?'' Marlene asked.

''Around seven, maybe eight weeks,'' Sirius replied.

Then, both Lance and Arrow Carns entered the changing rooms, chuckling among themselves.

''What are you doing?'' Marlene asked furiously.

''I overslept a bit!'' Lance apologized, a wide grin showing up.

Ben gave Lance a smile when Marlene had turned away. He needed all the positive encouragement from his teammates as much as possible.

''How are you feeling, Ben?'' Lance asked, almost dressed.

''Not completely bad, I suppose. I trained a bit this morning,'' Ben replied. ''how are you?''

''Good, good. I was wondering whether we'd be throwing a party later or something if we win,''

''Oh, most likely,'' Ben answered excitedly.

Lance gave Ben an encouraging pat on the back, as they walked out on the Quidditch pitch.

''I'd give you a good-luck kiss, but I don't think people would like that very much,'' Sirius whispered in my ear, as we walked in a pair.

Ben started to grin, for a moment, completely forgetting that he would have to play against Slytherin in front of the whole school.

''No, a little further, I want to see everything fully!'' Jackie said, tapping on Avery's butt lightly.

Avery finally sat down, giving a warning gesture with her hand, making sure that Jacqueline wouldn't want to move anymore.

''Ahh... we're right in the middle...''