45 - The First Rule of DA is...

Umbridge's horrid behavior was known to the whole school now by October. Some had had detention with her and despised her even more. It was not a mystery that her involvement with the Ministry of Magic caused the Defence Against the Dark Arts class to become completely useless. Thus, the idea of coming together to a meeting in the Hog's Head organized by Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ronald Weasley was created. The Harry Potter would teach them.

Sebastian and Dina had been invited too, naturally, as no one else besides them knew about Sebastian's past as a Slytherin. Besides, the three heads of the meeting wouldn't want a Slytherin lurking around at that time. Despite that, the first weekend of October was meant for Hogsmeade visits and the streets were full of people.

Sebastian walked past Zonko's Wizarding Joke Shop with Dina, peeking inside for a brief second.

''I'd love to be there right now... not think about whatever the hell we're about to do,'' Sebastian said.

''I think it's a great idea,'' Dina replied.

''I think so too... but I feel like I'm risking too much... with Umbridge and everything,''

''Let's go and check it out. Maybe it'll be a big joke itself,'' Dina said, looking up at the banner of the joke shop.

Sebastian eyed her and a quiet laugh erupted. He thanked her in his head for at least making him crack a smile.

When they approached the sign showing a boar's severed head that leaked blood all over the white cloth, they knew they were at the right place.

''Well, let's go inside?'' Dina asked.

''Maybe let's just head back and I'll be fine,''

''Maybe this is the first step, the first step, in becoming something else... in changing yourself. Besides, think how cool it would be to just have these meetings in secrecy. It's like a cool club,''

Sebastian sighed and shrugged, finding some truth in what Dina had said.

''You going in there too?'' Fred Weasley asked.

''Of course, Fred,'' George added. ''why else would they be snooping around this place.''

''Fred. George. Hi!'' Sebastian said, turning around. ''Wow!''

Sebastian noticed the massive pool of people around them.

''I thought this was going to be a secret meeting with a few people,'' he said.

''We thought so too... but the word got around and we're all here,'' Fred replied.

Sebastian's eyes wandered around the group of people and he counted over twenty heads. His stomach felt a nudge when he quickly glanced over Nathaniel.

''Shall we go in?'' Dina asked.

''I suppose they're already inside,'' Neville replied.

''Go ahead then,'' Dina said, gesturing to the door.