Friends like you

It was late when Zoe finally came back. The darkness allowed her to sneak in without Cordelia or the Supreme to notice. Maddison had been quiet as to where they had been so you knew something was off.

"So Zoe. Where ya been?" You ask her at dinner time, you didn't care that much, you were just bored.

You shove your food down your throat. Everyone was sat eating their food in silence, you assumed it was a regular thing since no one answered your question. Except Nan.

"She's thinking about a boy"

"Hey, I told you to stay out of my head" Zoe says slamming her fists down on the table. Maddison just laughed as she dug into her food. She definitely knew what was going on.

"Why don't you tell us what's going on Zoe?" Queenie says aggressively. It was strange that this was all panning out in front of you and all you could do was stand there and watch them.

Bam

"Shit y/n!" Zoe says, you had accidentally set her hair on fire. Her facial expression filled with rage as she slammed her cutlery on the table and stormed out.

You sit there unnerved. You had just realised you could hurt people you like and it tore you up on the inside.

"Why does she always have to storm out?" Nan says.

"Who knows" Maddison replies.

"Maybe she likes the spotlight more than you Maddison Montgomery, movie star and future queen of all there is" Queenie says sarcastically. You laugh under your breath.

"Thank you" Maddison says, she clearly hadn't heard the sarcasm. This only made you burst out into laughter. Sometimes you think it's natural to laugh when you don't know what else to do.

"Hey" Maddison says hitting you gently but also hardly at the same time."What's so funny?" She looked confused and  angry but that just made you crack up more. Before you knew it Nan and Queenie were laughing too.

But Maddison was mad.

Just then, you see Maddison's focus shifting to the plates with our food on. You watch her make them float with her mind.

"Maddison st-"

Shit. She had covered your shirt in Spaghetti Bolognese. It was now your turn to make a dramatic exit.

You storm upstairs and into your room. You dig into Maddison's drawers until you find a cigarette. You walk out the room as you slip the cigarette by your teeth and light it with your mind. You slam the door behind you and walk into where Zoe was sitting staring into space. She was deep in thought.

"Zoe I'm sorry" You say as you walked slowly to where she was sitting. You did your best to look apologetic.

"It's alright y/n. I'll forgive you.." Her solemn expression turned into a grin as she finished her sentence. "But only if you give me the cigarette"

You roll your eyes but still give her the cigarette. She smiled gratefully.

"I need more friends like you y/n" She said after having a couple of puffs.

"You know what friends do" You say, thinking this was your chance to get some answers.

"What?

"They tell each other EVERYTHING"

We sat in silence for a short amount of time before she proceeded to tell her story.

And she confessed EVERYTHING